MaBSTOA/MTA Bus Filing for Fall/Winter 2009- Winter 2010

mark1447

Open Competitive

Well heres the latest for Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority(MaBSTOA) and (MTA) Bus Company:

MaBSTOA and MTA Bus - Cleaner/Helper

Exam Number: 3001

Filing Date: November 4 – November 24, 2009

MaBSTOA and MTA Bus - Bus Maintainer (Chassis)

Exam Number: 3503

Filing Date: December 2, 2009 – January 26, 2010

MaBSTOA and MTA Bus - Bus Operator

Exam Number: 3003

Filing Date: January 6 – February 23, 2010

URL to the Page:

http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/compete.htm

Promotional:

Assignment to MaBSTOA Plant & Equipment Maintainer (Plumbing)

Exam Number: 3501

Filing Date:October 7 – October 27, 2009

Promotion to MabSTOA Helper

Exam Number: 3502

Filing Date:October 7 – October 27, 2009

Promotion to MaBSTOA Bus Maintainer (Chassis)

Exam Number: 3503

Filing Date:November 4 – November 24, 2009

Assignment to MaBSTOA Plant & Equipment Maintainer (Electrical)

Exam Number: 3504

Filing Date:February 3 – February 23, 2010

URL to the Page:

http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/promo.htm

Enjoy! :)

OK...They have not called everyone from Exam 2801 and 2901 hasn't been established yet and at the same time they're having filings for yet another exam? NO more filings for me. They already having conflicts because I'm on a list for Exams 2801 and 8008. As I said in a previous post...I GIVE UP!

Yae give it a break....let them get through 2801 and 8008.....besides this filing thing for them is a cash cow.....Conductor and Bus Operator use to be the same test....then they figured they were missing out on alot of money and seperated them.....so save your money man and just wait......

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone I was wondering how can i get the book exam and what else do i need for MaBSTOA and MTA Bus - Cleaner/Helper. i would like to join the grew:)

I have check the website from MTA but they still haven't update any news! I really want to study the test. does anybody knows what the test is about?(1)

Hi, everyone I was wondering how can i get the book exam and what else do i need for MaBSTOA and MTA Bus - Cleaner/Helper. i would like to join the grew:)

I have check the website from MTA but they still haven't update any news! I really want to study the test. does anybody knows what the test is about?(1)

First off welcome to the forum and Enjoy your ride! I know there are Bookw used for studying to become a Bus Operator(B/O) and many others. I my self have one as a mix of B/O and C/R aka conductor.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=Civil+Service+store+nyc&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,7982564373717916462&ei=2zClSuKRLpmd8Qbro4XPDw&ll=40.716458,-74.004872&spn=0.006295,0.006295&t=h&iwloc=A&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=Civil+Service+store+nyc&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,7982564373717916462&ei=2zClSuKRLpmd8Qbro4XPDw&ll=40.716458,-74.004872&spn=0.006295,0.006295&t=h&iwloc=A&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/GMAPS]

They have loads of books here for studying, from Train Operator to anything Non-Transit too.

Civil Service Book Shop Address:‎

89 Worth St

New York, NY 10013-3411

(212) 226-9506

Call em or visit em. I think they open to 5PM cant remember. But call em and good luck =)!

And of course you got your Local Libraries too ;)!

As for the test, its just gonna ask you questions related to the Job and what you know to get in. The book you will get will have sample questions with answers used for studying.

When ever you wanna see a new exam ether go to (MTA) Website:

http://mta.info/nyct/hr/appexam.htm

Or

The Citys DCAS:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/employment/civilservice_exams.shtml

First off welcome to the forum and Enjoy your ride! I know there are Bookw used for studying to become a Bus Operator(B/O) and many others. I my self have one as a mix of B/O and C/R aka conductor.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=Civil+Service+store+nyc&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,7982564373717916462&ei=2zClSuKRLpmd8Qbro4XPDw&ll=40.716458,-74.004872&spn=0.006295,0.006295&t=h&iwloc=A&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=Civil+Service+store+nyc&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,7982564373717916462&ei=2zClSuKRLpmd8Qbro4XPDw&ll=40.716458,-74.004872&spn=0.006295,0.006295&t=h&iwloc=A&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/GMAPS]

They have loads of books here for studying, from Train Operator to anything Non-Transit too.

Civil Service Book Shop Address:‎

89 Worth St

New York, NY 10013-3411

(212) 226-9506

Call em or visit em. I think they open to 5PM cant remember. But call em and good luck =)!

And of course you got your Local Libraries too :P!

As for the test, its just gonna ask you questions related to the Job and what you know to get in. The book you will get will have sample questions with answers used for studying.

When ever you wanna see a new exam ether go to (MTA) Website:

http://mta.info/nyct/hr/appexam.htm

Or

The Citys DCAS:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/employment/civilservice_exams.shtml

thank you for your help. I really preheated. I have one more question. can i buy any book or does it have to be pacific for the MaBSTOA and MTA Bus - Cleaner/Helper? I really want to pass and get in with MTA :)(1) Also do you know how long does it takes for them to call ones you have pass the test?

For the cleaner/helper test, there is a hard one and easy one. Depends on how many people the company needs. The test is a mix of safety, basic automotive mechanics, and basic math. One the easy test, its mostly math and safety questions and a little bit of auto mechanics. On the hard one its mostly math and more advance level automotive and little bit safety. To pass these tests you gotta have some knowledge of tools and automotive stuff. Safety is mostly common sense stuff and math, you can use a calculator.

For the cleaner/helper test, there is a hard one and easy one. Depends on how many people the company needs. The test is a mix of safety, basic automotive mechanics, and basic math. One the easy test, its mostly math and safety questions and a little bit of auto mechanics. On the hard one its mostly math and more advance level automotive and little bit safety. To pass these tests you gotta have some knowledge of tools and automotive stuff. Safety is mostly common sense stuff and math, you can use a calculator.

Thank you for your help!(MTA)

dont buy study guides for exams over the years of my experience its a waste of money.almost all exams given by the dcas and transit is common sense/knowledge.i use to buy them and not one of these study guides helped me or was there the same questions on the exam save your money get a good nights rest and relax before any exam you wont get a higher score because you studied a worthless study book trust me save your money

dont buy study guides for exams over the years of my experience its a waste of money.almost all exams given by the dcas and transit is common sense/knowledge.i use to buy them and not one of these study guides helped me or was there the same questions on the exam save your money get a good nights rest and relax before any exam you wont get a higher score because you studied a worthless study book trust me save your money

he`s right don`t waste ur money on the book how ever i did go 2 the library 2 take a book out bus driver question are not like the test very different.

That is very true Seal and Igor, they make a lot of money selling these "study guides" that most likely have outdated information. Nobody can predict in advance what questions will be on the exam. Sure they have pages of practice questions but so what? They even have an entire chapter on how to prepare for the exam, getting plenty of rest, etc. All of us know all this since the 1st grade.

Thank you guys for all your help, I was this close to buy the book! now i can save that money and use it to send the application:) do you guys know how long will it take for them to talk ones your done with the test? I'm thinking that it's not going to take long because it's cleaning buses :P or maybe I'm wrong!(1)(MTA)

Thank you guys for all your help, I was this close to buy the book! now i can save that money and use it to send the application:) do you guys know how long will it take for them to talk ones your done with the test? I'm thinking that it's not going to take long because it's cleaning buses :) or maybe I'm wrong!(1)(MTA)

It might be just cleaning buses, but in this economy expect a high turnout for the exam, the lower the qualifications the higher the turnout. DSNY had 32,000+ for the 2007 exam, all you need is a H.S Diploma and CDL B permit.

This isn't your ordinary minimum wage cleaning job, this is a solid paying union position. I think the bus cleaning list will be twice the size of the B/O list(8006).

that is right but it is tilted mabstoa and mta bus cleaner it`s not a civil service test is it just a random list number .

Oh, ok, I didn't know that. So we have to send in a coupon with our registration free and then wait until they mail you the list number?

The Mabstoa/MTA B/O is a written exam right? that is the one that I am interested in. I want to see of I can better my score from the 8006 exam, got an 85, 12 wrong! :cry: I know a lot more now about the bus world then I did when I took exam 8006 last spring.

Oh, ok, I didn't know that. So we have to send in a coupon with our registration free and then wait until they mail you the list number?

The Mabstoa/MTA B/O is a written exam right? that is the one that I am interested in. I want to see of I can better my score from the 8006 exam, got an 85, 12 wrong! :cry: I know a lot more now about the bus world then I did when I took exam 8006 last spring.[/quoteh

Mabstoa/MTA B/O i`m not sure about that one if it`s a written exam but i`m gonna take a guess and say no i think it`s just a random list number i`ll find out some how but that one i`m very interested in this one to.

Igor said in a very heavy Russian accent

"Mabstoa/MTA B/O i`m not sure about that one if it`s a written exam but i`m gonna take a guess and say no i think it`s just a random list number i`ll find out some how but that one i`m very interested in this one to."

It figures, so that way they don't have to pay money for test monitors, test locations, security, etc, more money in their pocket.B)

So even though MTA Bus now has the same labor contract as TA, they are still not considered civil service?

• 2 weeks later...
thank you for your help. I really preheated. I have one more question. can i buy any book or does it have to be pacific for the MaBSTOA and MTA Bus - Cleaner/Helper? I really want to pass and get in with MTA :)(1) Also do you know how long does it takes for them to call ones you have pass the test?

Do yourself a favor and don't buy any of those books from that store. I have gotten books from them and all of them where a waste of time and were all outdated. All the books are just a series of multiple choice test. You can get the answer at the back of the book but they don't explain to you why those answers are right.

Archived