MaBSTOA/MTA Bus Filing for Fall/Winter 2009- Winter 2010

mark1447

let`s see here yea ur right at that point but i suggest to him to get the lincese on his own time because he will have less of a heaD ache to worry about with the lincese all he needs to do is pass the mta`s road test way and not the dmv way. but if a permit he has to do both dmv`s and mta`s way.

let`s see here yea ur right at that point but i suggest to him to get the lincese on his own time because he will have less of a head ache to worry about with the lincese all he needs to do is pass the mta`s road test way and not the dmv way. but if a permit he has to do both dmv`s and mta`s way.

It's true Igor!!!

thank you guys for the help. i really do need the help, that's what im going to do. get the permit. on the time of test i need to have it by then?

well get it all before the mta call`s u even if it`s mta bus or mabstoa

in the book for your cdl permit just read the genaral knowledge , air brake and passenger endorsment. after you get the permit then go to a driving school and book some lessons u will learn to drive a school bus not a city bus but to be a little less stressfull just get the lincese as soon as u can that`s my suggestion because if u get u don`t have to take the dmv`s road test all u need 2 do is pass the road test the mta`s way

thank you guys for the help. i really do need the help, that's what im going to do. get the permit. on the time of test i need to have it by then?

Check out Ferrari Driving School, they can help you with your permit test, and road test. They have goverment programs to help pay for your lessions whlie you wait for transit to call you.

Here's there address, and phone#

32-32 Steinway Street

Astoria, NY 11103

Tel(718)278-6679

ok, i will do that. I haven't taken any of them yet. they haven't post the application for cleaning buses which it should start in nov 1, 2009 and i dont know why are they taking so long. i want to send the application already but i can't find it in there website.;)

So, All these question that i will get, it's common sense right? people are telling don't buy the book, is there any website or anything that can come close to the question they might give or does anybody knows what question are they going to be asking?

So, All these question that i will get, it's common sense right? people are telling don't buy the book, is there any website or anything that can come close to the question they might give or does anybody knows what question are they going to be asking?

What test are you going to be taking?

What are the chances to get in with MTA if you pass the test and how long will it take for them to call you and start working?(MTA)

Yeah just as JR said you need mid 90's or better for most titles to get in and it usually will take 2 years or more for you to get hired. 1 year them to establish to list of eligible and another year before they start calling people. Sometimes it can be faster than 2 years. It took them 1year 9 months to from the time I took my exam for S/A to be called for an interview and drug screening. So my advice take as many exams as you can that you "Qualify" for. Unfortunately you missed out on the easier test's to get a job with (Station Agent, Property Protection Agent, Conductor and Train Operator). This upcoming year will be a dry year for taking any (NYCT) test unless it's with MABSTOA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok i printed this test out you do take a test for it on jan 30 , 2010. well i don`t know if a qualify. i did go 2 lincoln tech in jersey for a year studying automachnics for 13 months and i graduated in augest of 2006 i worked at the chrismass tree shop as a maintance cleaner for 4 months part time and a lot attendent at a ford dealer parking cars and sometimes cleaning the dealership it salf part time for a year and eight months part time. and i do have my cdl lincese.

ok i printed this test out you do take a test for it on jan 30 , 2010. well i don`t know if a qualify. i did go 2 lincoln tech in jersey for a year studying automachnics for 13 months and i graduated in augest of 2006 i worked at the chrismass tree shop as a maintance cleaner for 4 months part time and a lot attendent at a ford dealer parking cars and sometimes cleaning the dealership it salf part time for a year and eight months part time. and i do have my cdl lincese.

I am afraid Igor that you don't qualify, don't waste your money. You don't have the 2 years of full time work experience. Just having the Automotive technician diploma from Lincoln Tech isn't enough.

It's 2 different job titles rolled into 1. I thought bus cleaner and bus maintainer/helper were 2 different titles. All of this for just $13.61 hr to start? You can probably make more working at a Jiffy Lube.

Hello all. I sent out all the required forums and applications for 3001. 1 question that i have off the top of my head is - My CDL permit expired 7/17/09 "dumb me" I am and will get a new one before the test date for this exam. Would that have a impact on my application? cause i did put the expired date on my permit and noted that it will be renewed before test date.

Hello all. I sent out all the required forums and applications for 3001. 1 question that i have off the top of my head is - My CDL permit expired 7/17/09 "dumb me" I am and will get a new one before the test date for this exam. Would that have a impact on my application? cause i did put the expired date on my permit and noted that it will be renewed before test date.

Thats No problem , just go a new one

Archived