MaBSTOA/MTA Bus Filing for Fall/Winter 2009- Winter 2010

mark1447

• 1 month later...
The exam for 2010 for MaBSTOA and MTA Bus - Bus Operator exam #3003 has been postponed. I was looking forward to start the new year off by filing for this exam.:mad:http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/compete.htm

They havent even started hiring off of mabstoa 2901 yet.

who can i call and find out when this list will go in motion because i paid for it and i have every right to ask a question even if it`s stupid question the 2901

Igor, take it easy. Calling every day about the status of the lists that you are on isn't going to speed things up. When your time comes it will come. 1-718-ABSORB IT,that is the number to remember.:P

If you notice a few gray hairs or thinning hair on your head you will know what caused it Igor....:P

yea that`s true loco lol from stress the reason y i`m stress is i want this job driving a bus i always wanted to do this since i was a little boy but for now i`ll do side jobs for now until i get a real job.

yea that`s true loco lol from stress the reason y i`m stress is i want this job driving a bus i always wanted to do this since i was a little boy but for now i`ll do side jobs for now until i get a real job.

You are a good guy, you are hungry. Good things come to those who wait.

I bring this up because you were thinking about driving a school bus for the time being. I saw a hat online that said

"Don't mess with me,I am a school bus driver." :o

I wanted to do that since I was little boy to. Now that I drove cheese buses, motorcoaches, and transit buses, I don't even want to drive my bus size SUV, or any vehicle for that matter...........

But again, weez all different. Driving buses, some love it, some hate it, most just tolerate it.......

You are a good guy, you are hungry. Good things come to those who wait.

I bring this up because you were thinking about driving a school bus for the time being. I saw a hat online that said

"Don't mess with me,I am a school bus driver." :)

The hiring freeze is does not affect bus drivers/ train operators/ and conductors. There will always be a class called for the bus operator training class wether its for the promo list or new hires. How do I know I work for mta bus but cannot get into specifics as to my position....their are strict rules about posting on the internet information and representing the company etc..etc.

The hiring freeze is does not affect bus drivers/ train operators/ and conductors. There will always be a class called for the bus operator training class wether its for the promo list or new hires. How do I know I work for mta bus but cannot get into specifics as to my position....their are strict rules about posting on the internet information and representing the company etc..etc.

Hey, I thought you failed to qualify for B/O last year. You probably work in another title. So this "hiring freeze" is just a rumor then? You need access to the "crew room" in here which is a private section. But I believe only some of what you just said. There is no such thing as a B/O promo list.

Hey, I thought you failed to qualify for B/O last year. You probably work in another title. So this "hiring freeze" is just a rumor then? You need access to the "crew room" in here which is a private section. But I believe only some of what you just said. There is no such thing as a B/O promo list.
No I am not a B/O but I am working in another title thats non-rep. I did drive for Academy shortly after not qualifying and their training is more concentrated so if anybody really wants a feel of driving and they are not working right now I highly recommend working for academy. I was doing charters and atlantic city runs using their mci cruisers and j-models.however When I was training for the mta I asked the supt. about the last hiring freeze he said they still were training 105 students every 2 weeks. maybe the just call from 1 list during their hiring freeze instead of three.

Oh,ok. However this time around there are proposed service cuts which would mean layoffs for several B/O's. It is still too early to tell what is going to happen this spring.

Academy has nice buses on their fleet. I wasn't aware that they hired people with no CDL driving experience. On the charters how far did you go?

Oh,ok. However this time around there are proposed service cuts which would mean layoffs for several B/O's. It is still too early to tell what is going to happen this spring.

Academy has nice buses on their fleet. I wasn't aware that they hired people with no CDL driving experience. On the charters how far did you go?

Yeah they have a 2 week training program like the mta after you certify you do atantic city line training then your on your own. I am way more confident now in my driving and turning then I was when I was training with the MTA. Plus I got 8 hours of driving every day..the only difference they have a different mirror setup they have a flat/convex /cross convex and a fisheye mirror. where as the mta when training they just have flat mirrors. The furthest south I went was atlantic city/philly and the furthest north is the Mohegan sun. Trust me though you will not drive any of the good buses without 6 months of clean driving..and they have drive cams that activate if you swerve or jam the breaks so that will count against you. There are alot of retired mta guys there.

Yeah they have a 2 week training program like the mta after you certify you do atantic city line training then your on your own. I am way more confident now in my driving and turning then I was when I was training with the MTA. Plus I got 8 hours of driving every day..the only difference they have a different mirror setup they have a flat/convex /cross convex and a fisheye mirror. where as the mta when training they just have flat mirrors. The furthest south I went was atlantic city/philly and the furthest north is the Mohegan sun. Trust me though you will not drive any of the good buses without 6 months of clean driving..and they have drive cams that activate if you swerve or jam the breaks so that will count against you. There are alot of retired mta guys there.

Wheres academy located?

I have a few points on my license, will they accept that?

well if it does not affect b/o then why did they stop hiring two years ago for a year and a half ?

or why have they stopped having new classes come in 1 month ago ?

hire freeze is hire freeze.

If you have some other information you can not post in public, send a private message ;)

Archived