MaBSTOA/MTA Bus Filing for Fall/Winter 2009- Winter 2010

mark1447

well if it does not affect b/o then why did they stop hiring two years ago for a year and a half ?

or why have they stopped having new classes come in 1 month ago ?

hire freeze is hire freeze.

If you have some other information you can not post in public, send a private message ;)

Last year I went by what the Supt. told me that was training my class. He said every week even during the freeze there were no classes with fewer than 90 students.

The D4500 is a whole different animal than the RTS. Driving the big square cruiser takes a lot more getting used to than RTS does.

with academy the first day behind the wheel you do an obstacle course in giant stadium with cones....but the MCI's and their setras have more mirrors than the RTS so you can see everything...and I mean everything on your side. As when driving the rts you cant see that much in your right mirror because its focused mostly on the rear tire. It took a while to get used to driving something that big as far as lane control but I blow through the lincoln doing about 50 and on the open highway I run @ 70 mph non stop to atlantic city I get their in about 1:45 minutes from the port with 1 stop in between. The only place I dont like taking those buses through are the midtown tunnel, its real narrow, but honestly a bus is a bus once you know the turning radius and pivot points and what to look for in the mirror its a peace of cake, but with all the training you dont gain any of the confidence of driving until your on your own. In training I was scared to go above 50 and after a week of being alone the passengers thought I was a vet.

Last year I went by what the Supt. told me that was training my class. He said every week even during the freeze there were no classes with fewer than 90 students.

Freeze was lifted on or around june 1, 2009 thats when the first class went in ( freeze was in affect for a year and a half before that )

the last class was in the first weeks of December thats when the freze is on again ( and still on now )

but with all the training you don't gain any of the confidence of driving until your on your own. In training I was scared to go above 50 and after a week of being alone the passengers thought I was a vet.

Yeah I agree with you about being out by yourself being the best confidence builder. I drove a bunch of different buses in my day from Fishbowls to RTS and MCIs and they all require some behind the wheel time to really be comfortable in them.

Archived