Good news for (6) line riders

LandoftheLost

i heard the news last week was: that (6) line station will

get rehabilitated. ( i mean station rehabilitation)

the station is:

LongWood Avenue

Cypress Avenue

Brook Avenue

E143 street st mary

East 149 Street

that the only (5) station will get station rehabailition.

also ADA accesblity? :cool: :)

This is old news a bit for me, When ever I pass these station I notice some parts of the station being covered by blue walls and the New platform edges being added.

But im glade the (MTA) is finally putting money for the Pelham Line!

Cool! I never rode the (6) above 96th street but it's nice they are making the line better! :o

I've only been north of 125th St. about 2-3 times but once you do you will notice that 96th and 110-125th Sts. are the only stations in great shape on the line that far north.

the stations from parkchester to pelham are also supposed to be redone but due to budget reasons and the fact the public does not want parkchester closed while it is rehabed have put a hold on the work.

You can't close E 177th Street / Parkchester, it is an express station, Castle Hill Avenue would be overcrowded when the <6> is running at least during rush hours.

well it worked at gunhill on the 2 line and that station gets just as packed. also the plan was to close one station side at a time. but like i said the people dont want it but like to complain that nothing gets fixed. also when it does happen there most likely wont be any 6 line express while the work gets done.

Well why not rehab each platform at a time during non-peak hours. <6> can still run just during the peak 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM-7:00 PM some trains during construction may have to run express with no local service in one direction between Hunts Point to Parkchester.

But Parkchester definitely needs reconstruction and renovation.

its not that easy. for a station to be rehabed the entire platform is removed and redone. then the roof is redone. besides any other improvements they might need. that takes more than a weekend. also outdoor work is not done at night because of safety reasons. so take your pick a new station or your service just dont complain about the station falling apart if u pick the service.

its not that easy. for a station to be rehabed the entire platform is removed and redone. then the roof is redone. besides any other improvements they might need. that takes more than a weekend. also outdoor work is not done at night because of safety reasons. so take your pick a new station or your service just dont complain about the station falling apart if u pick the service.

ok i get it. pretty much you would have to shut down one platform entirely. but how would local service continue toward parkchester when the north bound platform would be shut down. Locals would have to operate on the express track from Hunts Point.

no one dont known rehabiltaion of the (6) line station: Longwood Avenue ,

E 149 street , East 143 street mary , Cypress Avenue ,

Brook Avenue when will it be done and completed.? :P

i have flagged for the contractors at 143st, they are going station by station redoing the platforms. the uptown side is done. they are still working on the downtown side.

Cool! I never rode the (6) above 96th street but it's nice they are making the line better! :P

Why:confused:?

the stations from parkchester to pelham are also supposed to be redone but due to budget reasons and the fact the public does not want parkchester closed while it is rehabed have put a hold on the work.

Acually, u can close that station, ALTHOUGH not the entire. You can use the M track for Pelham Trains in ether direction while the other side is being fixed. But i do agree on not closing it all, since there are loads of people from that area and even people from Throgs Neck or near the Q44 uses this station

ive passed pelham line a few times, might do next week since they are redoing it as of June 2009!

Accualy thoes are the ghettoest places on that line south bronx.

And aint they put new platform bumps on the uptown side i always take the <6>.

yup and downtown too, so it at all stops in the "SOUTH BRONX" Pelham Line[souther of hunts point)

Archived