Women and Uniforms

RokuSix

I've been observing the role of women in several positions throughout New York City Transit and the MTA. I've noticed that they wear the standard uniform. But I've wondered, are women allowed to wear skirts in any transit worker position? If so, what are the restrictions as to length?

In addition, I've noticed that women tend to wear their uniforms very loosely. Is this based on the desire of comfort, or a specific dress code?

Do you wear a skirt? :)

I did in high school a kilt, but I also played the bagpipes and was in my schools Pipe and Drum Corps. It's and Irish thing...

I don't think people who work around trains should be allowed to wear shorts or skirts, I am even supriesed that NYPD TD officer can wear uniform shorts.

I did in high school a kilt, but I also played the bagpipes and was in my schools Pipe and Drum Corps. It's and Irish thing...

I don't think people who work around trains should be allowed to wear shorts or skirts, I am even supriesed that NYPD TC officer can wear uniform shorts.

I didnt see this coming. I was setting up for a joke :(

As far as dress code goes i believe women are allowed to were dresses.They wear them in the Armed Force,why not the MTA. one of my fellow co-workers does wear a dress/skirt all the time. I know I will never ever wear shorts on a bus. There are roaches and god knows whatever else crawling around on the bus . I will comfirm if it is allowed tomorrow via MTA's intranet.

I mean really? Why would you want these MTA Workers to wear Mini-Skirts? I would go yuck, everytime I see one with these Mini-Skirts, and don't expect me to ride MTA again. And it joins my list of absurd!

What are you gonna do? Walk?

Well, skirts should never be allowed in the uniform code, no matter which sex, ethnic and religion. It is for safety, privacy and comfort reasons.

Get real, skirts are considered to be normal business attire. Judge Sotomayor was sworn in to the Supreme Court wearing a skirt, a place where casual attire is verboten. Kid, you've got a lot to learn.

Back to the subject, in regards to the subway, I believe that Station Agents are allowed to wear skirts, but Cleaners, T/O's and C/R's are not.

As far as dress code goes i believe women are allowed to were dresses.They wear them in the Armed Force,why not the MTA. one of my fellow co-workers does wear a dress/skirt all the time. I know I will never ever wear shorts on a bus. There are roaches and god knows whatever else crawling around on the bus . I will comfirm if it is allowed tomorrow via MTA's intranet.

In the armed forces, it is part of the class A uniform for women but you wont see a skirt in a combat zone.

Do not invoke the wrath of the Zman, Kev. You have been warned.

Anyway obviously if skirts are allowed they arent short skirts to which all u need to do is drop a quarter in front of the girl and hope she picks it up so u can see it all. It would obviously be work appropriate so what's with the objections here anyway? How often do you get to see the Transit workers outside of their post anyway if you're just a normal commuter.

I'd advocate for women wearing mini skirts ;):( :cool:

Some yes, most never should, even off duty........

I mean really? Why would you want these MTA Workers to wear Mini-Skirts? I would go yuck, everytime I see one with these Mini-Skirts, and don't expect me to ride MTA again. And it joins my list of absurd!

I would vomit. Most of my co-workers are just plain and simply colossal, and should only wear curtains (can be window or large shower)...........

Back to the subject, in regards to the subway, I believe that Station Agents are allowed to wear skirts, but Cleaners, T/O's and C/R's are not.

Station Agents are the ones I use to see wearing skirts. That was it........

Thank you for the feedback, everyone. I just wanted to know, because if I ever got a job working for transit, I'd like to be able to wear a skirt. Not a mini-skirt, of course, but a comfortable one.
You will have to get a managerial/office position then.

Archived