Question about the Bx9

tkx2510

Keep it in Kingsbridge

Yes, I agree. West Farms is packed already. With Buses. I doubt so many D60HFs can handle the depot, since I sometimes pass it via 177th St, unless there is more room in the back?

Leave it at Kingsbridge. Most of the runs (if not all) are setup where B/o's and/or buses come on/off the route at B'way/225, so the deadhead isn't that bad at all. There isn't really a way to have short turns on a Bx9 out WF with a reasonable deadhead to the depot( meaning buses would have to deadhead from WF to Riverdale). WF would have to lose at least 2 routes to pick up the Bx9 (1 on a split).

Not trying to hijack the thread (sorry if this does): how do people feel about the Bx32 going back to KB?

Leave it at Kingsbridge. Most of the runs (if not all) are setup where B/o's and/or buses come on/off the route at B'way/225, so the deadhead isn't that bad at all. There isn't really a way to have short turns on a Bx9 out WF with a reasonable deadhead to the depot( meaning buses would have to deadhead from WF to Riverdale). WF would have to lose at least 2 routes to pick up the Bx9 (1 on a split).

Not trying to hijack the thread (sorry if this does): how do people feel about the Bx32 going back to KB?

I'll feel happy that Bx32 returns back to KB...thats it orginial depot and it needed to say there!

I'll feel happy that Bx32 returns back to KB...thats it orginial depot and it needed to say there!

Yea that's what feel. I think the main reason the move occured was because of complaints of no low floors at KB, but thats about to change so it should go back. IMO the M98 should go out of KB.

to the OP instead of the Bx9 maybe WF should get a split on the Q44

Yea that's what feel. I think the main reason the move occured was because of complaints of no low floors at KB, but thats about to change so it should go back. IMO the M98 should go out of KB.

to the OP instead of the Bx9 maybe WF should get a split on the Q44

Not to go off topic but hell no the Q44 shouldn't be split with WF and CS.....I rather the Q44 be split with CS and JAM!

The Bx32 was out of KB in the 90s IIRC then went to MCH then KB and now WF

As for the Q44 WF & JAM?

I never get why they put buses out of depots where its not near a terminal.

There are barely any Flushing short turns. That dead head from CS to either terminal can't be short

But remember the Q44 had NovaBus RTS's back in the 90's b4 the Orion V's came along and the NovaBus RTS's were from JAM b/c the last stop in Qns is 3-5 blocks from the Jamaica Depot

i said the Bx9 should move to WF for this 1 reason....

i hate either the last stop being 225 and Bway, and i hate waiting for them to change drivers at 225 and Bway sometimes that wait can be 10 minutes if the driver is running late!

if the Bx9 was at WF there would be no switching at WF.

and as far as the Q44 go, i always said it should be out of WF for one reason and thats for Artics. other than that, CS is kool!

Archived