Why IKEA Ferry is $5 weekdays?

FamousNYLover

I know IKEA Ferry operated by New York Water Taxi was free, but few days ago when I went, it was not free. It cost $5 each way during weekdays.

Does anyone know why New York Water Taxi put $5 each way?

Why not?

People who were not shopping were taking advantage of IKEA's free shuttle water taxi. They were just going to work/coming back from work. Ridership was high yes, but they don't deserve to ride that water taxi. It's for IKEA passengers only. IKEA passengers who shop more than (I think $10) will get a reimbursement.

It's a slap to the face for those people who've been freeloading the past year or so. Come on, they don't deserve the free ride, it's not for them.

It's IKEA stopping it before the MTA forces them to. Come to think of it, I' sure the MTA would love a pedestrian toll on free bridges.

Has nothing to do with the MTA. It's due to the reasons that MTR Admiralty stated.

Good points all around though, IKEA doesn't want to bleed money & (MTA) doesn't want to lose fares to a free service. It's free for shoppers, so 5 bucks is a good deal. I think i may have to use this ferry to get a glimpse of the QM2 some time soon. :cool:

- A

I know IKEA Ferry operated by New York Water Taxi was free, but few days ago when I went, it was not free. It cost $5 each way during weekdays.

Does anyone know why New York Water Taxi put $5 each way?

Yuki do you want people to lose their jobs if Ikea closes this Brooklyn store due to expensive of running this NY waterway ferry? Tourists can still use this ferry on weekends if i read the news article correct?

Archived