(Non fast-food) Restaurants you love in New York

MTR Admiralty

Speaking of hamburger joints my area in Hudson Valley just opened a new "Sonic' (like you seen in Fla/down south if anyone travels down there)and their burgers are heaven great and very cheap. Sonic version of a Big mac imo blow away Mickey D's. "Sonic' is in Kingston, NY.

"Sonic" is just as good as those 'preuium' resturant chains like "Red robin' etc as well.

Where Subway Guy rolls:

Italian - Pesce Pasta, Sotto Cinque

Chinese - Chatham

American - Junior's, Dallas BBQ, Joe's Bestburger

Pizza - Gotham, Famiglia, Villa Pizza (in Canarsie), Tony & Val's in the boogie down, Tony's in Brooklyn Heights

Bagels - H&H Midtown East

Cart Food - The guy on 46th (?) or 47th and 6th ave, the guy under the el at 74th St (7)

Where Subway Guy rolls:

Italian - Pesce Pasta, Sotto Cinque

Chinese - Chatham

American - Junior's, Dallas BBQ, Joe's Bestburger

Pizza - Gotham, Famiglia, Villa Pizza (in Canarsie), Tony & Val's in the boogie down, Tony's in Brooklyn Heights

Bagels - H&H Midtown East

Cart Food - The guy on 46th (?) or 47th and 6th ave, the guy under the el at 74th St (7)

Villa Pizza? Where is that at?

Wo Hop in Chinatown on Mott Street. Excellent Chinese Food and its cheap, $5 for a huge plate of beef freid rice

Damn! How could I forget Wo Hops! You can go there at 2 AM and they are open serving food. It's a hole in the wall place but good food at any time!

Damn! How could I forget Wo Hops! You can go there at 2 AM and they are open serving food. It's a hole in the wall place but good food at any time!

As long as it the bottom one :( Remember, there are two Wo Hops, the bottom one is the better one.

National chains included. I added Applebee's myself, feel free to throw in Olive Garden or UNO (I went to one in Georgetown in DC, that place was bliss, but again we're talking about NY) or even Outback Steakhouse. The thing is, the restaurant must be a sit-down restaurant. By sit down, I mean patrons usually come in and dine. Unlike Mickies or a pizza joint.

I just went there today! :cool:

Food is great, isn't it? I remember the lamb chops and the sizzling hot plate of beef.

Where Subway Guy rolls:

The carts I love include the one at Astor Place and the one by Lehman College. The one outside the Food Emporium at Union Square is pretty good too.

Wo Hop in Chinatown on Mott Street. Excellent Chinese Food and its cheap, $5 for a huge plate of beef freid rice
As long as it the bottom one :( Remember, there are two Wo Hops, the bottom one is the better one.

Thanks for the advice! Surprisingly, I never been there.

Steakhouse - Striphouse (12th St btw University Pl and 5th Ave)

Seafood - Atlantic Grill (77th & 3rd Ave)

Sushi - Mizu (20th St btw Park Ave South & Broadway)

Italian - Paul & Jimmy's (18th St btw Park Ave south & Iriving Pl)

Indian - Tamarind (22nd St btw Park Ave South & Broadway)

BBQ - Blue Smoke (27th St btw Park Ave South & Lex)

Burgers / Pub Food - Donovan's of Woodside (58th St & Roosevelt Ave)

Steakhouse - Striphouse (12th St btw University Pl and 5th Ave)

Seafood - Atlantic Grill (77th & 3rd Ave)

Sushi - Mizu (20th St btw Park Ave South & Broadway)

Italian - Paul & Jimmy's (18th St btw Park Ave south & Iriving Pl)

Indian - Tamarind (22nd St btw Park Ave South & Broadway)

BBQ - Blue Smoke (27th St btw Park Ave South & Lex)

Burgers / Pub Food - Donovan's of Woodside (58th St & Roosevelt Ave)

YEAH STRIPHOUSE!

Hmmm, let's see: pizza joins count, right? Someone listed one, so I may just as well.

I know a pizza joint called Eden's that sells pizza slices for $1.25 in North Side, Brooklyn, at Bedford Avenue and North 7th Street. The trick is to order two slices, and you'll have more than what's equivalent if you were to order one slice at another spot for $2.25 or $2.50!

The carts I love include the one at Astor Place and the one by Lehman College. The one outside the Food Emporium at Union Square is pretty good too.

That reminds me there's also a good Mexican place on the north east side of Bedford Park Blvd, closer to Jerome than the (D)...

Important distinction to make, and I've been to both. However nothing compares to the general So's chicken at Chatham a block and a half away from there.

Villa Pizza? Where is that at?

The one I'm thinking of (Disclaimer: haven't been there in almost a year) is right on Rockaway Parkway. Get out of the (L) station, take a left, and walk about 1-2 blocks that way, on the side of the street furtherst from the train station.

The one I'm thinking of (Disclaimer: haven't been there in almost a year) is right on Rockaway Parkway. Get out of the (L) station, take a left, and walk about 1-2 blocks that way, on the side of the street furtherst from the train station.

Ah, the one next to the Chinese food place, yeah, that place is meh. I prefer Armandos.

Ah, the one next to the Chinese food place, yeah, that place is meh. I prefer Armandos.

I like their pizza and pepperoni rolls. Got to get the pizza plain though, no toppings, for best resulst. Armando's is good too i've been there as well.

I'm a big Di Fara and Grimaldi's fan. I usually call ahead when I'm at work and I'm able to run right in and pick up a pie or two. But for quick slices, there's a good little shop on DeKalb Avenue just went of Hall Street (where Pratt Institute is) called Luigi's. The place probably makes a killing on all of the college kids, and it still makes a very good pie.

I love Hop Kee at 21 Mott Street. Zhu Ji Guo Tie at 40-52 Main Street in Flushing has the best dumplings in the city, though the restaurant is somewhat hard to find. And before summer disappears, head to the Flushing Mall for a bowl of shaved ice. You will NOT regret it.

La Brioche Cafe on Brighton Beach Avenue offers great Ukrainian and Russian food.

Has anyone been to the Chip Shop in Park Slope to eat deep fried junk food?

Archived