Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
FamousNYLover

Two Pic from Old Photos (transfer to Picture Trail)

What station is that, it looks like a better version of Hunterspoint Ave

Oh no, that's not a station. Rather, it's an employee platform for the small LIRR maintenance yard under the Flushing Line at Sunnyside/LIC.

Oh no, that's not a station. Rather, it's an employee platform for the small LIRR maintenance yard under the Flushing Line at Sunnyside/LIC.

If only they could get Hunterspoint Ave to look like that, If I remember right, Hunterspoint Station is right there, on the otehr side of the (7) tracks.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, that is the Arch St. shop where warranty work is carried out on the M7's for both the LIRR and MNRR by Bombardier. I believe MNRR has them transferred over via Amtrak and Hell's Gate since the M7A's have a different third rail config. I think that Arch St. will eventually be turned over to the LIRR as the warranties run out, but that's the story on that platform, it's employee only. And yes, you are correct, Hunterspoint Ave. is right on the other side of the (7) tracks, however, it definitely doesn't look as nice as that platform!