7 Express

Strain

• 1 month later...

Strain, I have completed a 5-car set of R188s signed up for the <7> express service headed south to Times Sq. The R188 is a New York City Subway car which has not been built or even fully designed at the time of this posting, and so this is my take on what I hope they will look like. The cars are in permanently married 5-car "ABBBA" sets. "ABBBA" denotes the configuration of the cars, indicating that there is one "A" car or cab car on each end of the set, with three "B" cars or cabless cars in between. Cars are stainless steel with a blue metal stripe running the length of the car to denote MTA ownership. All cars feature reduced-bucket seats similar to those on the R110B, done in dark blue, with extensive wood paneling on the inside. These cars are also carpeted deep purple rather than having the black or vinyl flooring of their predecessors. Lighting on the inside is NTT-style, and the cars are equipped with R160-style interior announcement displays and FINDs. All electronic displays include tricolor LEDs capable of displaying up to 255 colors, and the color used on the front, side, and interior announcement signs is the color of the line on the official MTA subway map. B cars seat 52 people and measure 51' from back wall to back wall, 51'8" over the overhangs. A cars seat 48, measure 51' 6" from back wall to back wall, 52' 2" over the overhangs, and have full-width cabs with nonpolarized railfan windows. Each cab features two identical consoles, and the cab end of the A car has a black bonnet stretching down to the stripe, with full-size maroon panels below the stripe. The cars have fully detailed interiors for those running Trainz or openBVE. The link is http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b072ff10ba821355f6eb67b83e25aeac&ct=mdsa&prevstart=0 if you would like to download the full set as a single file. If you would like individual car files or a six-car set, please PM me or post here with your e-mail address. Note: I can do the same for my R179 model. Here are some screenshots.

R188ACarFront-1.jpg

R188ACarSide-1.jpg

R188ACar2Far-1.jpg

R188ACar2Close-1.jpg

R188ACar1Far.jpg

R188ACar1Close.jpg

R188CabStation-1.jpg

R188FrontSignClose-1.jpg

R188SideSignClose-1.jpg

R188InteriorSignClose-1.jpg

If anyone would like to see my R179 photos, then just look at http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14265. Feedback would be greatly appreciated! P.S: The black floor in the photos is in fact a deep purple carpet. The computer I am on generates shadows and blacks out surfaces at random.

Archived