Should NJ Transit Extend Service into Queens and The Bronx?

N-Trizzy2609

Any cable stayed bridge would need 2 double towers, north tower A & B and south tower A & B, then the same on the other side of the river. Make it much stronger than it will ever need to be, especially because of trains using it. I just hope they get crackin'!

- A

They built Cable-Stayed Bridges for trains and autos in Japan and China that are slated for heavy maintenance every 30 or so years. As long as the government is willing to pay for the maintenance like those of Japan and China, the bridge will stay sturdy.

• 3 weeks later...
ARC will not be handed over to the MTA at any point. It is a NJT and PANYNJ project. The best I could think of for a project like the one being proposed here is for the LIRR at this point in time. Not to mention MNCR as of now has no intentions of running any trains into NYP. To do this the M8's would need some significant work done to them. So I would not hold my breath on that. Also lets wait until the M8's are on property before they come into the mix!

not to mention, amtraks Pelham line will have to be rebuilt to 4 lines to support commuter traffic and rebuild Bartow/ Westchester ave stations.

I agree.

I think there should be shuttle train between Newark Airport and Jamaica, and that way passengers travelling bet both JFK and EWR will be much easier.

New Jersey Transit should also offers Yankees direct and METS Direct subway to either Yankees E. 153rd St or Mets-Willets Point.

Here is link.

Penn Station Study (MNRR)

Archived