Whos Your Fave Singer

DX Local Train

I m surprised you guys mentioned George Benson, Queen/Freddie Mecury, The Who, Micheal Jackson, Maddonna and other ' old school veteran' singers would be picked. I thought only Millie Cyrus, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce and Lady Gaga would be mentioned. (joking):cool:

I love music and it would take too long to mention all of the singer/bands i love so i make it a top 20 list. Remember i am 'old man' here so pardon me if you dont know any of them lol.:tup:

1)Beatles

2)Bob Marley

3)Micheal Jackson

4)Johnny Cash

5)Bee Gees

6)Freddie Mecury/Queen

7)Herbie Hancock

8)Phil Collins and Gensis

9)Earth Wind and Fire

10)Run DMC

11)Janet Jackson

12)Anita Baker

13)Mozart

14)TLC

15)Beastie Boys

16)Sanatana

17)Jimi Hendrix

18)Lionel Ritchie/Commodores

19)The Who

20)Grover Washington, Jr.

as far as soul singers its marvin gaye and teddy pendergrass in rock i love rod stewart and robert plant as far as bands van halen always rules

Too bad brother, most of the NYCTF members are too young to know about or appreciate these great performers you listed especially Marvin Gaye.:P

Too bad brother, most of the NYCTF members are too young to know about or appreciate these great performers you listed especially Marvin Gaye.:(

I would refrain from making such comments especially with myself as a musician that probably listens to artists that were born before you were born. :P

I would refrain from making such comments especially with myself as a musician that probably listens to artists that were born before you were born. :P

This was not a dis against anyone on the boards and i should have worded it better and sorry for misunderstanding. I meant to say in general many teens/tweens today in our society dont appericate older music and only listen to music that current. I know that there are some smart young people who appeciate and love music made from either 1968 or 2009. :confused:That what i meant to say.

This was not a dis against anyone on the boards and i should have worded it better and sorry for misunderstanding. I meant to say in general many teens/tweens today in our society dont appericate older music and only listen to music that current. I know that there are some smart young people who appeciate and love music made from either 1968 or 2009. :confused:That what i meant to say.
Pfft, I rock stuff from the 1930s. Gotta love some good old Django Reinhardt. I'm old school man. :P

if u talk guitarist check out jeff beck,jimmy page .jimi hendrix and eddie van halen

I already mentioned Les Paul and Chet Atkins. They laid the foundation for those guys. Les Paul was shredding before Van Halen started finger tapping.

Archived