Today from the R32 (A) Train

R62A 1991

If you're wondering why I put this in General, there's an IRT vid at the end of this post. I wanted to be safer than sorry. Story time!

...things happen in mysterious ways...my plan was to take the (C) train from Euclid Av, because I would be guaranteed an R32 to take videos from. I was going to leave at 7:18 on the B83, take it to Liberty Av & start from there.

I wake up in time, get to the bus stop at 7:14 and the bus is pulling off. I wasn't worried, the B83 runs 6 minute headways during the AM rush, and I knew I had time. But, a B15 came first, so I decided to take that to Van Sideren/New Lots & head for the (L) to Broadway Junction. Best. Decision. Ever. I get to the Queens-bound IND platform, head for the middle, and in comes ROARING an R32 (A) train. And where is it heading? Far Rockaway! Forget the Fulton St Local, I'm heading over to Far Rockaway for some speed over the flats! My only hope was that when it got to Far Rockaway, it would stay in service. That and a clean RFW. Well, I didn't get a clean RFW. But I did get these:

100_1358.jpg

100_1359.jpg

100_1361.jpg

100_1362.jpg

100_1360.jpg

100_1364.jpg

100_1367.jpg

100_1368.jpg

100_1370.jpg

I wasn't planning on going to the Rockaways for at least another week. but this was too good a chance to pass up. Because I didn't let the dirtiest RFW I've ever seen stop me from getting 7 videos of:

The Rockaway stations from Far Rock to Beach 67th St.

The flats from Broad Channel to Howard Beach:

4 Videos of the Fulton St EXP Northbound:

And the CPW EXP Northbound, ruined by a slow R68 (D) train at the end:

I rode it all the way to 207th St after that (an hour and a half of standing at the RFW...), decided to take the Bx12+select over to my favorite Bronx express: the <6>. Then, I came home and found this:

I didn't want to hear passengers complain about horrible (3) service, and "why do they always do this in our neighborhoods?" crap, because the <6> today sucked big time. Anyway, there was my surprise for the day. I hope you enjoyed, and I hope you catch this train before it disappears forever...

Great shots, and what a great catch. Most of the R32 (A) trains I've been on have headed to Lefferts Boulevard, and it's really hard to get a view of the flats on the R44s and R46s because T/Os cover the windows with whatever. The R160s belong on the (A), at least you get some sort of a view. But good catch indeed!

Dude, great vids!!!

And you got that conductor with the funny accent! I love his announcements on the (A) that I take at 8:26 or 8:38 from Beach 67th St. I had long hoped to get a recording of his voice should I ever move elsewhere.

Too bad I didn't have to go anywhere today, otherwise I could have spotted myself on the Beach 67th St platform.

Great shots, and what a great catch. Most of the R32 (A) trains I've been on have headed to Lefferts Boulevard, and it's really hard to get a view of the flats on the R44s and R46s because T/Os cover the windows with whatever. The R160s belong on the (A), at least you get some sort of a view. But good catch indeed!

Thanks. I've noticed the covering on the R44/46s. Are they supposed to do that?

Dude, great vids!!!

And you got that conductor with the funny accent! I love his announcements on the (A) that I take at 8:26 or 8:38 from Beach 67th St. I had long hoped to get a recording of his voice should I ever move elsewhere.

Too bad I didn't have to go anywhere today, otherwise I could have spotted myself on the Beach 67th St platform.

Thanks! I loved his announcements, so funny. At times they weren't clear, but he made up for it by being so funny.

Nice shots and videos from the longest line in the Subway and nice to see a R-32.

Thanks. It was a very nice surprise.

Nice catch and photos on the R32 (A) train!

Thanks!

Wonderful shots and vids!

Thanks!

Slammin pics and vids!

Thanks!

The counductor sounds like hes from South Africa

He does, actually. And that's what makes his announcements sound all the funnier.

Thanks. I've noticed the covering on the R44/46s. Are they supposed to do that?

It's more for a privacy reason in that the newer motormen gets really annoyed by riders peering through the cab. Anyhow, your shots are definitely worth it and better than mine!

T/O's aren't supposed to cover up thier cab windows.

Yeah, it kinda pisses me off when they do. At least the R160s offer them privacy while allowing some sort of a view for railfans for outside.

Archived