MTA approved footwear

conductor09

Does anyone know where mta approved boots/shoes/footwear can be purchased for train operators/track workers/conductors?

Thank you.

For T/O or C/R you can wear any black or brown boots or work shoes. These days alot of people are wearing the nike boots. For track workers they must wear the TA issued boots you will be issued 2 pairs if you become a track worker.

I went to the store in Long island city yesterday to pick up my two free pairs that MTA wants me to wear

I was told its the only place un NY that i can pick it up and MTA pays for it.

truck also comes to depot some times but i dont know when

I went to the store in Long island city yesterday to pick up my two free pairs that MTA wants me to wear

I was told its the only place un NY that i can pick it up and MTA pays for it.

truck also comes to depot some times but i dont know when

Do you have the address to that store? Also, what's the name of the company? Thank you.

Thats where Union and my depot sent me, they told me its the only one in the area, so i dono

The supplier for RTO and MOW is different I guess. I went to the store about 4 months ago it was on roosevelt ave. a few blocks from the train station and under the 7 line. They had sections for the different TA departments because we don't get to choose the same shoes or boots.

Just found it:

Saf-Gard shoes

63-15 Roosevelt Ave.

Woodside, NY 11377

I'm a bit torn on the RTO shoes. I'd love 2 free pair of good boots, but I didn't pick them up, because once I sign for them, I'd have to wear them. I wear timb pro or wolverine work boots 99.9% of the time, with an additional insulated pair for winter. All the RTO issued boots are insulated. I will not wear insulated boots during the summer.. Secondly, according to Dept of Labor, std work boots aren't required to be employer supplied, only specialty footwear (Metatarsal or Fire protection) is. So that would make it a contract issue. Boots are mentioned in the MOW departmental sections already, and missing from the RTO section. Until it is addressed in the RTO departmentals of the contract, I will stick to my work boots..

I'm a bit torn on the RTO shoes. I'd love 2 free pair of good boots, but I didn't pick them up, because once I sign for them, I'd have to wear them. I wear timb pro or wolverine work boots 99.9% of the time, with an additional insulated pair for winter. All the RTO issued boots are insulated. I will not wear insulated boots during the summer.. Secondly, according to Dept of Labor, std work boots aren't required to be employer supplied, only specialty footwear (Metatarsal or Fire protection) is. So that would make it a contract issue. Boots are mentioned in the MOW departmental sections already, and missing from the RTO section. Until it is addressed in the RTO departmentals of the contract, I will stick to my work boots..

You can take the 2 pairs and not be required to wear them yet. It's not mandatory yet and won't be for a while.

Bus Operators have to wear the approved MTA shoes, or sneaker type shoes. There is a variety you can choose from. If you wear your own, and get hurt, tough sh!t (plain and simple).........

T/O's and C/R's do not have mandatory footwear. Jah stated what can be worn. If you want the TA shoes, the store is Saf-Gard, and is located on Roosevelt Ave. The stop to get off is 61st on the (7)<7>, and it is a few blocks east. These shoes are known as the "Frankenstein Boots". I have two, and wear them. Reason is, well they don't hurt when walking on the ballast in the yards. But they are heavy........

Bus Operators have to wear the approved MTA shoes, or sneaker type shoes. There is a variety you can choose from. If you wear your own, and get hurt, tough sh!t (plain and simple).........

T/O's and C/R's do not have mandatory footwear. Jah stated what can be worn. If you want the TA shoes, the store is Saf-Gard, and is located on Roosevelt Ave. The stop to get off is 61st on the (7)<7>, and it is a few blocks east. These shoes are known as the "Frankenstein Boots". I have two, and wear them. Reason is, well they don't hurt when walking on the ballast in the yards. But they are heavy........

I love my Timberlands, no issue walking on the ballast too.

Lehigh Safety Shoe is a good company; they are based out in my neck of the woods.

So if I am reading this right, if/when I get appointed as a T/O, I can wear my EMS boots? They're steel-toe and waterproof with a side-zipper, and black.

As of right now you can wear any black or brown boots as a T/O but they just started giving us boots lasy year for the first time so eventually it will be mandatory to wear them. Don't think steel toe are allowed either.

As of right now you can wear any black or brown boots as a T/O but they just started giving us boots lasy year for the first time so eventually it will be mandatory to wear them. Don't think steel toe are allowed either.

Why dont they allow steel toed boots for T/Os?

Why dont they allow steel toed boots for T/Os?

I'm not 100% sure but I think that steel toe boots are not allowed for any title. I think that track workers boots have a composite toe.

Maybe someone else knows about this for sure.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that steel toe boots are not allowed for any title. I think that track workers boots have a composite toe.

Maybe someone else knows about this for sure.

The boots they use are steel toe boots, but they have a thick rubber cap on the front and have elcetrical hazard protection. Here are the boots that track workers use.

https://www.lehighsafetyshoes.com/products/details.aspx?productId=1179&lehighproductId=15004771&pageno=2

The boots they use are steel toe boots, but they have a thick rubber cap on the front and have elcetrical hazard protection. Here are the boots that track workers use.

https://www.lehighsafetyshoes.com/products/details.aspx?productId=1179&lehighproductId=15004771&pageno=2

Those aren't the boots that TA track workers wear and that's not the company that supplies them.

Those aren't the boots that TA track workers wear and that's not the company that supplies them.

Thats what they wear according to my friends father who has been a track worker for along time. He said they use that boot and a taller version with an internal medical guard.

Thats what they wear according to my friends father who has been a track worker for along time. He said they use that boot and a taller version with an internal medical guard.

I have never seen those boots only much much taller and bulkier boots worn by track. They may now get to choose I don't know but they used to have no choice just the huge boots. I know that they get there boots from saf-gard the same as RTO because I was in the store and they had different sections of pictures hanging on the wall for the different departments.