The Office replaces Seinfeld on Fox 5

Q25toJamaica

Starting this fall, The Office is replacing Seinfeld on Fox 5 at 7:00 and 11:00 weekdays. Personally I'm really annoyed because I don't have cable and Seinfeld isn't on any other channel, and it is one of the few programs I watch all the time.

Q25 sorry if i sound blunt but to answer your question, every few years, the reruns of older shows get pushed off 'free tv' and onto cable tv stations such as Nick, BET and TV Land.

Just a while ago shows like "Cosby' "All in the Family' "Hill Street' etc. were shown as much as 2x a night. Now they only shown on Cable. The costs of TV stations to pay for right to air the rerun in recent years has gotten expensive.

Only advice bro(Q25) other than getting cable tv/salelite services is to buy the DVD boxed sets of "Seinfeld" at 'Best Buy' etc. At least the video shows no commericals and often includes extended and uncensored scenes as well.:)

I have the complete series of Seinfeld from a friend who downloaded them just incase of times like these! lol

I really dont like the office, theres nothing really funny about it, its more like someone followed some boring fake comedians around with a camera who act like the camera is there and try hard to act funny.

This really blows.....Seinfeld was one of the best shows that was on NBC...it got cancelled and they showed the reruns on Fox5 and WB11 (back in the late 1990's). But I can watch Seinfeld on TBS. One of fav episodes on Seinfeld was the Soup Nazi lol!

Cuarke, Q25 and hundreds of thousands of people either cant afford or want to pay for cable. Buying the DVD is best other option.

DAMN!!!! I cant believe Fox5 is pulling the plug on it with this new show!!. I love Seinfeld. Im fans with others like the simpson, but Seinfeld too. Oh well guess its TBS time!

Tho Firefox could of moved Seinfield to plain 11:PM like it does today, why double the show, thats a waste of programming block. Or Dump the Simpsons from the 11:30PM Mark(Tho they release newer versions of the Simpsons at this time. 7PM older versions)

Starting this fall, The Office is replacing Seinfeld on Fox 5 at 7:00 and 11:00 weekdays. Personally I'm really annoyed because I don't have cable and Seinfeld isn't on any other channel, and it is one of the few programs I watch all the time.

So far the only cable network that offers it is TBS. I think if u live in a Time Warner cable area but dont have service with em but free tv then TBS should be available, had it before myself.

I personally didn't really like Seinfeld at all. I prefer King of Queens during that time period, but the Office is just absolutely horrible.

There's really no plot at all except some broke company that merges with a massive company and some employee mingling here and there. And I hate it how they use the HD Cameras to film it...detracts from everything.

This really blows.....Seinfeld was one of the best shows that was on NBC...it got cancelled and they showed the reruns on Fox5 and WB11 (back in the late 1990's). But I can watch Seinfeld on TBS. One of fav episodes on Seinfeld was the Soup Nazi lol!

NO SOUP FOR YOU !!

NO SOUP FOR YOU !!

Lol classic.

Kinda sucks that FOX is gonna pull Seinfeld, it was a pretty funny show. I've seen some of The Office and its eh... A lot of Fox viewers aren't gonna be happy with this. Yet they'll still show it on TBS, for now.

The Office can be funny but it's only ha-ha funny at MOST. I've watched quite a few episodes and I really don't get how people absolutely love this show.

Agreed...it's just "awkward" "nervous laughter" "roll your eyes" kinda sorta amusing maybe but not really funny kinda crap.

Aside from the girl who plays Pam being hot I see no reason to watch that show

Well,I could see why they're doing this since fox 5 play the same episode over and over and over again and it get boring seeing them again.

Totally agreed with you,reruns after reruns can get expensive for TV stations to keep airing and quite boring for viewers over time as well.I don't agree with the replacement show in it's slot,albeit they could have done better lol :P.For those that can't afford cable and want to watch Seinfeld,DVD's or YouTube can be an option or for those that have cable,TBS currently airs Seinfeld reruns as well.I always love the episode in which George Constanza misplaces his glasses and is blind as a bat and then gets a lady's prescription frames as a replacement.The part in which George thinks he sees Jerry's girlfriend kissing somebody is hysterical,turns out in the end that he made a mistake and that it was a NYPD female officer kissing her horse :).

Totally agreed with you,reruns after reruns can get expensive for TV stations to keep airing and quite boring for viewers over time as well.I don't agree with the replacement show in it's slot,albeit they could have done better lol :P.For those that can't afford cable and want to watch Seinfeld,DVD's or YouTube can be an option or for those that have cable,TBS currently airs Seinfeld reruns as well.I always love the episode in which George Constanza misplaces his glasses and is blind as a bat and then gets a lady's prescription frames as a replacement.The part in which George thinks he sees Jerry's girlfriend kissing somebody is hysterical,turns out in the end that he made a mistake and that it was a NYPD female officer kissing her horse :).

bro I kind of said your above comments above in previous post on this.:cool: There a reason in last 10 years or so reruns of some of the most popular tv shows of all time ie Gillians Island, All in the Family, Cosby, Saved by the Bell, and classic cartoons such as Tom & Jery and Bugs Bunny now air only on cable tv.

HR statement from August 2009. "Q25 sorry if i sound blunt but to answer your question, every few years, the reruns of older shows get pushed off 'free tv' and onto cable tv stations such as Nick, BET and TV Land.

Just a while ago shows like "Cosby' "All in the Family' "Hill Street' etc. were shown as much as 2x a night. Now they only shown on Cable. The costs of TV stations to pay for right to air the rerun in recent years has gotten expensive.

Only advice bro(Q25) other than getting cable tv/salelite services is to buy the DVD boxed sets of "Seinfeld" at 'Best Buy' etc. At least the video shows no commericals and often includes extended and uncensored scenes as well."

It maybe boring to you....but he's getting paid $1 million for each re-run and not a lot of ppl seen all the episodes!

While Jerry Senfeld makes tens of millions each year in reruns, there was a time only as late as 15 years-20 years ago when stars of popular shows would only get about AS HIGH AS $25,000 a year in reruns. I hear or read somewhere that gilligan's island STAR Bob Denver aka GillIGAN only made $25,000 a year and his co stars aka THE ACTORS WHO PLAYED "Ginger' "Maryanne" and the "Professor" got as little as $5,000 PER YEAR IN RERUNS. Meanwhile 40 years after the oiringal series ended, "Gilligan' played in hundreds of countries worldwide. Lawsuits and legal dicussion later by later actors changed that.

For those of you needing more info on gilligan's lisand here link to that popular show w/ the theme song.:cool:

Personally i rather watch "Gilligan' over the office myself any time.

Archived