QBx1 Local or Express?

mark1447

Is the QBx1 and Express bus or Local Bus?

Seeing its Local in all sections of Co-Op City to Pelham Bay Park, Then for Main St and Back its Local to Lafyette(I think) and Non-Stop to Main Street Queens? I remember in the past the QBx1 for Queens was marked with the Express line and was showing non-stop in the map..

And is it still $2.25?

(Can a Mod also move to Bus Company forum, posted it here by mistake)

It's a local with express attributes, if that makes any sense.

It's an interborough bus, but it doesn't have long stretches where it doesn't stop. Plus, its Co-Op City portion is insanely local. It stops every ten feet...

However, its long route and bridge section make it feel like an express bus. The old bus stop signs say "QBx1 Express", and in Co-Op City, the bus mark is colored green, which denotes it as express.

Then again, I'm no expert. Don't quote me on this...

To me, QBx1 was similar to Q53 Triboro day.

QBx1 and Q53 was local at that time.

QBx1 feel like express because it goes on Whitestone Expressway, and feel like limited version of Bx5.

Q53 was non-stop express between 63rd Dr-Rego Park Station and Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge, using main road (when it was non-stop). Now, after MTA took over, Q53 Limited only use service road.

QBx1 had green bus sign.

So meaning less stops..cuz u said ltd...doesn't isfeel like anyway cuz it.run ever20 to.30mins

Yeh this line is splitting up with another close-by depot but like rikers limited it had it's cool days now QBx1 splits up and rikers got more stops along 21st so you know Q69 drivers are happy but I can't say the same I did rikers tuesday and with these new stops it's not the same limited that it used to be here's the stop's Qplaza/ Queensbridge/ Broadway/ 30ave/Astoria Blvd/ and 20ave 31st

QBx1 used to have that exp feel

They should change it.... to. Like a q98 or something....not a qbx 1 I mean da 44 goes to da bronx......both are long rides

(J)(F)(K).....(JFK)

How about using a bx then a Q, since it makes more stops in the Bronx then Queens. Or better yet, leave it QBX1

id also transfer it to Gun Hill then leaving it at CP.

Also Q44 is a bit more longer then the QBx1, go from Jamaica to E Tremont during Late night and its even long. Done it like twice.

Qbx1 however runs via I678 which doesnt make it as long for Queens unlike the Bronx

How about using a bx then a Q, since it makes more stops in the Bronx then Queens. Or better yet, leave it QBX1

id also transfer it to Gun Hill then leaving it at CP.

Also Q44 is a bit more longer then the QBx1, go from Jamaica to E Tremont during Late night and its even long. Done it like twice.

Qbx1 however runs via I678 which doesnt make it as long for Queens unlike the Bronx

I feel is longer cuz mind u the 44 is a ltd during the day...so it zoom though queens....and it have the best service.........now my quest is...can (MTA) split it with a (NYCT) depot.....in da bronx

(J)(F)(K).....(JFK)

I feel is longer cuz mind u the 44 is a ltd during the day...so it zoom though queens....and it have the best service.........now my quest is...can (MTA) split it with a (NYCT) depot.....in da bronx

(J)(F)(K).....(JFK)

I dunno. I never heard of MaBSTOA buses being slitted with an MTAB Depot..

Thank God for the Q100 making more stops. It has made my life so much easier than taking the Q69.

I noticed that also, around QBP....

The Q19a/Q69 always came few & far between (despite w/e it's posted headways were), but the one constant were those q101r's that were arriving every 10-15 mins. or so...

I could imagine the frustration of someone seeing 2 q101r's pass them by before a 19a ever showed up... since they renamed the route to the Q100 (hell, even months before the fact), that route's gotten pretty good (almost heavy, depending on what you deem heavy) ridership due to those added stops along the route.....

The result - dying ridership on the Q69. Makes perfect sense too....

I always thought the "jailbirds" on Q100's (stigma) is overrated anyway... people are trying to get from point A to point B & aren't really thinking about the next man....

Archived