Queens Bus ideas for 2010 and beyond

Shortline Bus

omg that q38 split yay.....i was thinking the same thing not the same number but it"ll work....i think the Q51 should run down eliot ave into metro ave all the way 2 the new development on kent ave.....and the new B5 i totally agree with.....but with 1 hitch extend it 2 williamsburg bp....since all that new development along kent ave needs transpotation options

You can't send too many buses to Willy B. What they have like 6 lanes or something?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah I remember. I thought Kent Av had the Q59

yes it does but they have built some much housing on the northside of grand st where the Q59 doesnt go thru....where the Q59 runs its more closer 2 schaefer landing on kent ave.....u should really check out the 40 story condos they built on north 7 st & kent ave.....when the economy changes and people start movin in there and they find out how crowded the L train is they r going 2 b looking 4 another way out....

• 2 weeks later...
Something tells me this Q58 LTD won't work

same here...

the Q58 crawls along Grand... it stalls along the 2 or 3 blocks that it's on broadway at times...

and as for Corona av, it's not even about all the turns... riders use the route at different stops on Corona; not just at xfer stops....

same here...

the Q58 crawls along Grand... it stalls along the 2 or 3 blocks that it's on broadway at times...

and as for Corona av, it's not even about all the turns... riders use the route at different stops on Corona; not just at xfer stops....

well they make a local bus.....and wats wrong with walking a few blocks....why be so exacting all the time....and the reason it crawl along grand ave is because they give u 16 minutes to go from 64 and grand to queens blvd...u dont need all that time all of the time....there is traffic all over the city and ltd stop still run

Then the q58 crawls on fresh pond road after metropolitan going toward myrtle. The only drawback i see to making it a ltd is the 58 has many turns and not a straight route and all the turns slow down the route therfore defeating the purpose of ltd

well they make a local bus.....and wats wrong with walking a few blocks....why be so exacting all the time....and the reason it crawl along grand ave is because they give u 16 minutes to go from 64 and grand to queens blvd...u dont need all that time all of the time....there is traffic all over the city and ltd stop still run

I fail to see whatever point you tried to make with that reply.

It's not about walking the few blocks along broadway dude... it's about the people that are already on the bus, that gotta sit in traffic along broadway for 5 minutes (sometimes it's worse than that), especially on northbound Q58's during peak times... I mean, where would any time be saved along the route if there were a LTD on the 58? You tell me..

why be so "exacting" (whatever that's supposed to mean) with what?

and yes there's traffic throughout the city & yes there's still LTD's on some routes (some that don't deserve them, but that's another topic).... but as dude above said, the Q58 isn't a "straight" route... like most the other routes that have LTD service, are...

Then the q58 crawls on fresh pond road after metropolitan going toward myrtle. The only drawback i see to making it a ltd is the 58 has many turns and not a straight route and all the turns slow down the route therfore defeating the purpose of ltd
In the ideas I had been suggesting in addition to using Eliot would also avoid Fresh Pond as well. It would stay on Eliot until it merges with Metropolitan, and then probably use Forest Av.

It is totally ridiculous how long it takes to get to Queens Blvd on the 58 (both just getting past Fresh Pond, and then Grand). And to go all the way to Flushing feels like going to another state. So there really should be this faster shortcut.

Q22:

Limited Stop Service weekdays rushhours

get some Orion Vs (the rejects) to FRD for schoolbus service

discontinue running the 07s for schoolbus service they are being destroyed put the rejects in its place

thats it for me

What are the potential stops for this Q22 LTD?

• 2 months later...

Some of the streets that the S53 runs on are extremely narrow. On Broadway, there are some places where the street isn't wide enough for parking, so it couldn't have a dedicated lane.

The only real advantage of SBS is that it allows you to speed the trip up by paying before you board. The only problem is that SBS routes have a tendency to have a lot of farebeaters.

As for Queens, I think that the Q79 could be ''saved'' by extending some of the Q46s from 260th Street/Little Neck Parkway to the Little Neck LIRR station. This would allow riders to have access to Union Turnpike (I think Queens Boro Hall is near there), and have more transfer options.

Archived