Ride on the (2); Bronx Super Express

R62A 1991

You'll notice in the first two videos that there is no program. The C/R didn't set the program until East 180th St:

(2)|Bronx-7 Av EXP

(2)|Eastern Pkwy Lcl

(2)|Flatbush Av

While I was waiting at Chambers St. going NB, though, I saw THIS:

(2)|7 Av EXP

(2)|Eastern Pky EXP

(2)|Flatbush Av

Anyway, Wakefield!

100_1416.jpg

Tell me, which is better: "This is a Wakefield-bound (2) train." "This is a Wakefield-Two Hundred Forty-First Street-bound (5) local train."

100_1418.jpg

100_1420.jpg

100_1417.jpg

100_1421.jpg

100_1423.jpg

100_1425.jpg

100_1426.jpg

If you want to go and take a ride with me...watch these 3 videos!

As you can see, a train with no one that is going via a Super Express is much better than one with people. At 3rd Av-149th St:

"This is a Mahnattan!-bound (2) express train." So, there was a program for it.

Later on today, I got caught on an (M) train that went BIE outside of Broad St, AND the Eastern Pkwy chaos today (power failure at Nevins St, signal trouble forced entire trains out of service at 5 PM, (3) train to New Lots crush-loaded beyond belief). But I'm back home. And I hope to see some of you guys tomorrow for the (N) West End EXP. Hope you enjoyed!

Wonderful pics and vids Ali :tup:!

Thanks!

Nice Pics dude!

Thanks!

hey! nice pics! like the third one!

Thanks!

It annoys me when I ride the (2) train sometimes I see a (5) route map.

It annoys the hell out of me too, however because the (5) goes to Flatbush from 6 AM to 8:30 PM 5 days a week, the stripmaps are forced to be switched to accommodate service. If the R142s ever get F.I.N.D.s, all of the R142s belonging to the (2) & (5) should be the first to get them.

Tell me, which is better: "This is a Wakefield-bound (2) train." "This is a Wakefield-Two Hundred Forty-First Street-bound (5) local train."
"This is a Wakefield-Two Hundred Forty-First Street-bound (5) local train" sounds to long and complicating.

I hope the MTA start the <2> White Plains Rd Express for the fact that the (2) ridicously stops at 20 stations in the Bronx

So if there was (2) via WPR Exp during rush hrs with the (5) WPR Exp, what will replace the trains for Local? Limited (2)? Bad idea, limied (2)s will just fill up stations between The Hub and E180th(Or Gun hill Road) Even limited (5)s wont do.. Let it be as is now!

I hope the MTA start the <2> White Plains Rd Express for the fact that the (2) ridicously stops at 20 stations in the Bronx

To bad that was going to happen back in the 90's but it got rejected so I guess you're going to have to deal with it like everyone else. I want the (F) to be express via Hillside Avenue but thats not going to happen!

Sweet to see a R-142 desingnated for the (5) on the (2) Line! Nice photos and videos as well, whats with the Super Express?

It was two G.O.s combined into one. Trains ran express from 241st St to East 180th St, but also from East 180th St to 3rd Av-149th St. Just a G.O. during the midday.

The (2) and (5)<5> regularly swap trains, so that's not even an issue. Everytime I worked those lines (now only (5)<5> I get stuck on since I'm mostly east side Extra-Extra), I have always gotten somewhere on 1 of the trips, a train that belongs to the others line. Flatbush dispatch puts those trains in according to which train suppose to leave 1st. They ain't worried about if it is a (2) or (5)<5> line train, even though we do punch at Newkirk which line we are, before entering Flatbush........

To bad that was going to happen back in the 90's but it got rejected so I guess you're going to have to deal with it like everyone else. I want the (F) to be express via Hillside Avenue but thats not going to happen!

It could happen but only (E) put-ins allow for that service. They could extend the (V), to make the (F) express though, but it's bad enough that the MTA's idea for bringing the (V) to Brooklyn is being shot down, so I won't be surprised if this is struck down as well.

Archived