Triboro MCI Classics

Bracamonte

If I remember correctly all of Triboro's MCI Classic, Orion V CNG Suburban, and RTS CNG fleets were gone once the MTA came. The MCI Classic went straight to Eastchester, the RTS CNG went to Spring Creek then Eastchester, and the Orion V CNG Suburban still lives at College Point and Spring Creek.

The MCI Classics were immediately retired from the revenue roster after the takeover and never saw MTA Bus service, as there were enough MCI D4500CLs to replace them.

Triboro's CNG fleet (the Orion V CNGs and RTS CNGs) originally stayed at LaGuardia immediately after the takeover, but the Orions were moved to College Point and Spring Creek (where they still operate today) and the CNG RTSs went to Spring Creek, where they were retired in late 2006. The CNG facility at LaGuardia was decommissioned after they removed all CNG buses from that depot.

If I remember correctly all of Triboro's MCI Classic, Orion V CNG Suburban, and RTS CNG fleets were gone once the MTA came. The MCI Classic went straight to Eastchester, the RTS CNG went to Spring Creek then Eastchester, and the Orion V CNG Suburban still lives at College Point and Spring Creek.

This is true I remember these bad boys ,some where nice but the fumes were horrible but these classics were comfy for the driver .:tup:

Archived