(N) via West End & (E) via 6th Av (Train Interior Shots)

R62A 1991

One last RF trip. By the way, paging Brian Camacho. I was the one you saw today in the R160 (E) train. I'm sorry I didn't say hi, I just didn't know who you were, and I was mad at another happening. Anyway, onto the pics. Not as good as I usually take today...

(N) will not stop:

100_1437.jpg

100_1439.jpg

100_1441.jpg

Why are we in Rush Hour Mode?

100_1444.jpg

Videos:

Onto 34th St-6th Av. BTW, the (E) does NOT have a program for 34th St. They used the 2nd Av program and blocked out all the other stops except 2nd Av (which couldn't be blocked out).

100_1447.jpg

100_1448.jpg

100_1449.jpg

But this C/R had it wrong. It was going via 6th Av/53rd St, not:

100_1452.jpg

And what the heck was up with this C/R at 34th St-Herald Sq?

100_1456.jpg

Yeah, the R160s were all over the place today. At 5th Av/53rd St, mine started going haywire, but eventually ended up like this:

100_1459.jpg

100_1460.jpg

After this, I went all the way to Jamaica Center, but got sick of the complaining and passengers sucking their teeth and the like. So I took the LIRR home to Flatbush Av. Check the LIRR forum for those pics. That's it for me for a long time. My camera is burnt out and so am I. So, hope you enjoyed, and I hope to see all of your wonderful pics in the coming week.

The R160 (F) I saw today also had the "VIA 8 AV." Maybe because it ran over the (A) from Jay to W 4th?

Oh...I totally forgot about that. In that case, they should've added a 4th reading such as "via Cranberry St," or "via B'way-Nassau" and kept the "6th Av Local."

Nice FIND shots.

They show that it isn't really too 'flexible'.

Thanks. Well, it can be, but not in extreme cases, which this one was.

They actually are, it all depends on the persons knowledge of the FIND.

It also depends if there's a program for it. For example, one weekend, (4)s were running from 161st St-Yankee Stadium to New Lots Av. But there was no program for (4)|Eastern Pkwy Lcl, Lexington Av EXP, only total local or total express.

I like , I like

Thanks.

Great shots Ali!

Thanks! And nice vids for you on Youtube!

It also depends if there's a program for it. For example, one weekend, (4)s were running from 161st St-Yankee Stadium to New Lots Av. But there was no program for (4)|Eastern Pkwy Lcl, Lexington Av EXP, only total local or total express.

But the R142s do not have a FIND, only the R160s do.

Cool photos. If I knew it was you, I would have said what's up. At least you know how I look in person.

Thanks. Yep, now that I know, next time I see you, I'll say hi.

Slammin pics!

Thanks!

But the R142s do not have a FIND, only the R160s do.

I know, I was making a point about the program. Technically, there was nothing the C/Rs could do to officially make 34th St-6th Av the last stop on the F.I.N.D. at all simply because there wasn't a program for it. Even blocking out the stops south of 34th St didn't work. The same problem happens on the R142s when a really weird routing takes place.

Archived