Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
bveguy

R160B (D) Train!

Well, I caught this today... Didn't have my camera, so I used a cell phone camera.

Not that great, but its something.

it passed me in the tunnel by 9av at 4:39pm. it was going to coney island but never came back

I think it was a G.O.. I was waiting for it on the other side and it never came after the next few trains made a comeback.

Well...it appears again. I can't tell, but I don't think this is the real deal yet. If it appears on a full day of service, then I'll think it's the real deal. Regardless, nice catch and thank you for sharing with us.

Anybody caught it off the West End? If they did, it was legitimate. If not, it could be something to do with the (N) via (D) G.O.

Anybody caught it off the West End? If they did, it was legitimate. If not, it could be something to do with the (N) via (D) G.O.

That was it. They program the (D) train announcements so people dont get confused. Then it turns back to an (N). So its not a big deal.

Well i was out and about this morning and all Manhattan bound (N) trains were operating express on the (D) line from Bay 50th Street,Bay Parkway,62nd Street-New Utrecht Avenue and 9th Avenue stations.I find this particular R160B (D) train to Stillwell Avenue-Coney Island strange and out of the ordinary but it could have been filling in for a out of service R68 (D) train.Placing a out of the ordinary set of another car class is not often done but it does happen for whatever reason.

That was it. They program the (D) train announcements so people dont get confused. Then it turns back to an (N). So its not a big deal.

But the GO is Manhattan-bound. The video is CI-bound. And the (N) reroutes via the express, so there wouldn't be a stop at 20 Av.

But the GO is Manhattan-bound. The video is CI-bound. And the (N) reroutes via the express, so there wouldn't be a stop at 20 Av.

That is true the G.O. calls for all Manhattan bound (N) trains to operate express on the (D) West End.Like i said before it could have been placed in service to cover a out of service set.

I think it was a fill in. Hear me out. You have a snag on a SouthBound (N) along 4 Av or the Sea Beach. They're already sending NorthBound (N)s via West End Express, so basically, this train really had no choice but to operate via West End to Coney Island, given my snag statement above. To reduce confusion, they renamed it (D). That's my 2 cents...

I think it was a fill in. Hear me out. You have a snag on a SouthBound (N) along 4 Av or the Sea Beach. They're already sending NorthBound (N)s via West End Express, so basically, this train really had no choice but to operate via West End to Coney Island, given my snag statement above. To reduce confusion, they renamed it (D). That's my 2 cents...

That seems plausible.

It wasnt an (N),the (N) G.O is for MANHATTAN bound,this was CI bound, The only possibility is that it was a (Q) or (F) going over the West End or it was an actual R160 (D). Some (D) do come out of CI...

Last I checked, No (D)s come out of CI.

I have to assume its an (N) that got re-routed southbound via West End. They really could have just used the (N) via West End announcements and signs though. This isn't something new and I'm sure people wouldn't have been confused. Now if it was seen on 6th Ave or Concourse, that's a whole different story

I wonder if the this thing was a (D) far before the 4th Avenue Tunnel. It probably ran down the (N) till 63rd St then did (D) to Coney Island.

Came out of Concourse YD. R160s frequent Concourse to be washed. They were nice and put it in service back to CI on the (D).

Same as the (3) going to 239th Street. Every once in a blue moon they will send a r62 set in service as a (2) or (3).

This makes sense. Something did happen along the Sea Beach on Saturday.

It wasnt an (N),the (N) G.O is for MANHATTAN bound,this was CI bound, The only possibility is that it was a (Q) or (F) going over the West End or it was an actual R160 (D). Some (D) do come out of CI...

(D) trains get R68s & R68As that run on the (:(/(N)/(Q)/(W) lines. There has been occasional R68As on the (D) that i've missed these past few weekends.

Nice catch! And NO! I hope not R160s on the (D), The (D) is much better on R68/As!!

BTW r u sure it was a G/o? Since the (D) this weekend has been running normal with exception of Via 6th Ave Lcl since (E) ends at 34th bronx express track..

Nice catch! And NO! I hope not R160s on the (D), The (D) is much better on R68/As!!

BTW r u sure it was a G/o? Since the (D) this weekend has been running normal with exception of Via 6th Ave Lcl since (E) ends at 34th bronx express track..

I agree. It could've been a fill since usually 3 N trains pass at Pacific St before 1 D train even passes.

I agree. It could've been a fill since usually 3 N trains pass at Pacific St before 1 D train even passes.

Well I remember on saturday I was heading for West End for (N) West End Exp via (D) around 5:30PM and north of DeKalb the (N) was forced for Local Service instead of express. Dunno what happened down there..