No (2) to 241st WPR and No (5) To Manhattan

mark1447

(2) Free shuttle buses replace the between 241 and East 180 Sts

(5) Trains run every 30 minutes between Dyre Av and East 180 St

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Aug 21 - 24

• Transfer between the shuttle bus and the at East 180 St.

PDF: http://advisory.mtanyct.info/pdf_files/25Aug21242009.pdf

Ok instead of having the (5) run as a Shuttle, and ending the (2) at E180th-Morris Park Ave, why not Just let the (2) go to Dyre Avenue Instead? And Suspend the (5)?

(2) Free shuttle buses replace the between 241 and East 180 Sts

(5) Trains run every 30 minutes between Dyre Av and East 180 St

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Aug 21 - 24

• Transfer between the shuttle bus and the at East 180 St.

PDF: http://advisory.mtanyct.info/pdf_files/25Aug21242009.pdf

Ok instead of having the (5) run as a Shuttle, and ending the (2) at E180th-Morris Park Ave, why not Just let the (2) go to Dyre Avenue Instead? And Suspend the (5)?

Here we go again. This is exactly what I mean or been stressing about in the (2) to Dyre Ave thread. The (2) is more prone to being out of service in the Bronx compared to the (5)

Here we go again. This is exactly what I mean or been stressing about in the (2) to Dyre Ave thread. The (2) is more prone to being out of service in the Bronx compared to the (5)

I was only saying for the weekend dude, not permanent.

Im guessing the (2) will lay up on M track 180th St and (5) lays ether on Manhattan bound Side or Dyre Avenue Side[i think Dyre Side]. If it ends at M track then that would cause delays on the (2) for a turn around..

I know its not permanent, Im saying why not just combine the (5) from Dyre Ave to East 180th and the (2) replacing the (5) south of East 180th into just the (2) running to Dyre Ave for the weekend.

I dunno, im guessing its becuz the Dyre customers will get confused on no (5)s running and (2)s getting in the way with no Lex train, but i get your point how ever.

About 2005 or 2006 when the (5) ran normal to Manhattan and no (2)s to E241st St, they had the (2) run witn (5) to Dyre of course.

I was confused as heck when the (5) went to 241st for G.O. on new years eve plus 10 stations down. If I can go through that (5) G.O. then so can Dyre Ave riders w/ a (2) to Eastchester, whats to be confused about on a line w/ 5 stations.

I was confused as heck when the (5) went to 241st for G.O. on new years eve plus 10 stations down. If I can go through that (5) G.O. then so can Dyre Ave riders w/ a (2) to Eastchester, whats to be confused about on a line w/ 5 stations.

Hmmmm the (5) to Wakefield-241st Street wasn't a New Yrs Eve G/O!

Ok here is the deal

NO (2) Service between E 180 St and E 241 Street (2) service will terminate on the Middle track at E 180 St.

(5) No Service Between E 180 St and Bowling Green. (4) Service will have increased service between Woodlawn and Bowling Green which mean the last stop on some (4) trains will be Bowling Green.

(5) Shuttle service Between E 180 St and Dyre Ave will single track the whole way using the Uptown track Only so One track mean ONLY ONE train used for (5) Shuttle service between Dyre and 180 give your self Extra time if you need Dyre Ave service if you got any Alt way use it.

Also in Brooklyn (2)(3)(4) service Express only Both way between Atlantic Ave and Franklin Ave.

Is this the end of the last of old-IRT signalling?

I sure hope so. The inner workings of some of the Dyre signals come from old WPR and 3rd Ave signals I was told. AFAIK the Dyre line isn't even visible to the new control center now so maybe it's about time to connect it to the grid. And, finally have a standardized signal system everywhere in the subways.

I sure hope so. The inner workings of some of the Dyre signals come from old WPR and 3rd Ave signals I was told. AFAIK the Dyre line isn't even visible to the new control center now so maybe it's about time to connect it to the grid. And, finally have a standardized signal system everywhere in the subways.
Is it that bad?

They going to be doing a lot of work on the (2)(5) in the E 180 St area and the (5) line to Dyre this is just the beginning of the service disruptions. I am glad I only got one more weekend on the (5) Line.

Does this include suspending services from E180th to Mott Ave?

BTW wats RCC?

the shuttle buses run better that regular weekend 5 service. they are working on both tracks putting in new signals and pulling cables. so its power off.

Another purpose of this GO is to cut the rails on track 2 exiting Bronx Park East (2 line) for the installation of a switch to M track.

Archived