how do i request a bus tranfer card and need help tranfering

NYtransit

i was woundering how do i request a bus transfer card? because i want to take the B24 then transfer to the B61.and i need help.where do i tranfer to the B61? i know i have to take the B24 to the last last stop to williams burg,but how do i take the B61 to lower brooklyn? (to get off near the manhattan bridge and brooklyn bridge) and im going to use a mterocard that has 2.25$ left on it. i dont really know about buses that much,so i dont know how to get a bus transfer card or how to get from the B24 to the B61. help will be really appreciated!

The transfer would be encoded onto the card the second you dip your Metrocard. If you pay with coins, you can request for a Metrocard transfer which would only work on buses. When you get off on the B24 at the Bridge Plaza, walk east to Driggs Avenue where you can take the B61 to Downtown Brooklyn.

Hope this information come's in handy.

wait im confused i thought this happends when you only switch from bus to subway? and thanks for the info!

@y2julio so when i when im comming to my stop,i ask the driver for the bus transfer card? then i use to transfer to the B61?

ah, misread your post. I thought you were going to pay with the exact change. Like 33rd St said, when you use a Metrocard the transfer is placed on the card, so you would use the card again after paying to use your transfer at the second bus.

i was woundering how do i request a bus transfer card? because i want to take the B24 then transfer to the B61.and i need help.where do i tranfer to the B61? i know i have to take the B24 to the last last stop to williams burg,but how do i take the B61 to lower brooklyn? (to get off near the manhattan bridge and brooklyn bridge) and im going to use a mterocard that has 2.25$ left on it. i dont really know about buses that much,so i dont know how to get a bus transfer card or how to get from the B24 to the B61. help will be really appreciated!

Transfer is enconded in your card.

If you paid fare by cash, ask operator for transfer. Bus Transfer is only good for connecting bus.

Like for example, with MetroCard within 2-hours free.

B24 to B61

Q32 to Q60

Bx12SBS to Bee-Line 61

Q3 to N24

wait im confused i thought this happends when you only switch from bus to subway? and thanks for the info!

@y2julio so when i when im comming to my stop,i ask the driver for the bus transfer card? then i use to transfer to the B61?

Free transfers (within two hours of first use) on MetroCards are valid for subway-to-bus, bus-to-bus, and bus-to-subway connections, not just when you switch from bus to subway. As long as you get off your first bus (the B24) and get on the B61 within two hours after getting on B24, you will get a free transfer.

If you are using coins to pay the fare, ask the driver for a bus transfer right away, not before getting off. The bus transfer can only be used on a local bus, on a different route (e.g. cannot be used on another B24 after getting off one) and within two hours of obtaining it.

You can transfer from a local bus or subway to an express bus by paying the $3.25 differential between the local bus/subway fare and the express bus fare.

Archived