No (1) service from 168 St to Dyckman

engineerboy6561

Due to a building collapse at 181 St and St. Nicholas Av,

1) (1) service runs in two sections: South Ferry to 168 St and Dyckman St to 207 St.

2) Service between 168 St and Dyckman St is provided by free shuttle buses. Note: Ask the MTA employees for a pink ticket when you leave the station to get the shuttle bus. If you do not have one you will not be allowed in through the slam gate when you re-enter the subway.

3) All 242 St-bound (1) trains make no stops between Dyckman and 242 Sts. Apparently southbound trains reverse direction on the southbound track and then switch onto the center track and stay there to 242 St. For service to 207 St transfer to the (A) at 168 St (trust me, it will be faster), and to reach 215 through 238 Sts, take a 242 St-bound (1) to 242 St and then get a Dyckman St-bound (1).

This would also make a great photo opportunity for busfans,as the shuttle service is running some (MTA) Bus equipment. I ended up on a 7200-series suburban O5 CNG. On a side note, does anyone know the procedure for sending buses to shuttle duty?

Something tells me an emergency G.O. is in order. They've made a Wheelchair Announcement on the mta site, which means this isn't going to be over for a while. Now's the time for those new signs, which WILL come in handy to those who haven't heard the news.

That's going to be a heck of a repair. Sucks for commuters further up. They won't reopen it until they are sure it is structurally sound and safe to operate trains through. It was quite lucky no one was seriously hurt or killed. Something falling from 30 feet can cause a LOT of damage...

And they are often wrong, especialy when it comes to transit.

Yeah that's true. But there was no building collapse though. Loose bricks fell onto the tracks and supposedly fell onto a train, and they don't want to run any trains through that section because rumbling could loosen more bricks. I wonder how long this is going to last, but it's a hundred year old tunnel. It's fate was eminent anyway.

Archived