Another Day, Another Flasher, Another Cell Picture on the Subway

mark1447

Not A Week After Police Arrest Suspect In Alleged Manhattan Incident, Woman Snaps Photo Of Perv On (D) Train In Brooklyn

zunx5i.jpg

[shot by ME, 18th Ave R68 (D) to Stillwell]

For the second time a man has been snapped on the subway exposing himself to women.

On July 30 the suspect boarded the (D) train at the 36th Street station in Brooklyn, sat down and began to expose himself to a woman. She took his picture with her cell phone and now police are asking for your help.

A woman sitting next to him on the train snapped the picture with her cell phone and turned it in to police.

But the suspect didn't stop there.

Hours later, a surveillance video showed him running away from the station at 18th Avenue, where he stole a women's cell phone on a northbound (F) train.

"I wouldn't know how to react," said Delilah Gonzalez of Sunset Park.

This incident marks the second time over the last few weeks, someone has been photographed exposing themselves on the subway.

On Friday, police arrested 44-year-old Kevin Bishop and charged him with public lewdness on the northbound (3) train in Manhattan.

"I think it's more common than is often reported in subways," one New Yorker told CBS 2 HD.

In the Manhattan case when the woman initially turned the picture in to police -- an officer asked her to call 3-1-1.

Only later -- when the woman persisted and told her story to several other officers -- did they take action.

"We were actually just saying maybe if they had a little more security in the subways -- because you're paying all these increases in fares and there's no one here," said Maritza Rosas of Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.

With the news of a second suspect targeting women with lewd acts and robbery, police are warning straphangers to be on the lookout.

"Unfortunately, the riders don't really come to the aid of others so you do kinda have to fend for yourself," said Heidi Sutherland of Sunset Park.

Police believe the suspect may still be going after women, especially in Brooklyn. If you have any information you're asked to call police.

Source: WCBS (2) New York

Auguest 17, 2009

Fridays Issue:

Subway Perv: "It Just Popped Out!"

344w8rs.jpg

Man admits it's him in picture, says he was trying to pull himself back in

Cops have arrested a man wanted for masturbating on the subway after recognizing him from a cell phone photo snapped by his victim.

Two anti-crime officers assigned to Transit District 3 recognized Kevin Bishop, 34, from a wanted poster as he entered a subway station at 4:00 p.m. yesterday at 163rd Street and St.Nicholas Avenue in the Manhattan, police said. He was taken into custody without incident.

A 41-year-old woman took a cell phone picture of Bishop, who she says began masturbating in front of her on a northbound number (3) train. The man boarded the train at 42nd St. around 3:45 p.m. on Aug. 7 and he got off at Broadway and 96th St.

Bishop reportedly gave cops a wacky explination for why he was exposing himself.

"It just popped out!" Bishop told police after his arrest, according to the New York Post .

"Yes, that's me in the pictures," he confessed. "My private parts fell out. I looked down and it was out. It just poped out! I was trying to put it back."

Bishop said that he "deeply apologize[d] for what happened."

The savvy rider who snapped the photo claims that when she went into the 32nd precinct to report the crime, a uniformed officer told her it wasn't a police matter and to call the city's 311 non-emergency number.

The NYPD said internal affairs is looking into the matter.

"Public lewdness" is a misdemeanor that results in hundreds of arrests each year -- a fact the cop apparently didn't know.

"It was a police matter and IAB is investigating why anyone would have been told otherwise," said police spokesman Paul Browne.

The incident comes as the police department has tried increase public awareness -- and conviction -- of sexual harassment on the subway.

Billboards and other subway car campaigns rolled out recently encourage victims to report the crime.

Bishop was charged with public lewdness, cops said. He's got quite a long rap sheet, including 64 arrests and 24 convictions on charges ranging from loitering to prostitution and drug possession, according to the Daily News.

Source: WNBC 4 New York

August 16, 2009

Videos to the (3) Train related issue with image of man via this WNBC URL:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/station/as-seen-on/Subway_Flasher_Arrested_New_York.html

[Have Adobe Flash Player installed to view]

"Ladies and gentlemen, a crowded subway car is no excuse for sexual misconduct. If you feel you have been the victim of a crime, please notify a police officer or an MTA employee. Remain alert and have a safe day" B) B)

LOL, true but some people just dont listen to the announcement which sucks bad!

Updated first post and added other news

oh OK, so thats what the piece of news was about on TV last night. My Dad and I were watching channel 41 and they mentioned our stop (18th Av) and showed a video of a man. I searched to find out what it was about but I didnt find anything.

That's funny and disgusting at the same time... "It popped out"... lmao... nasty pervert.

Archived