When were the OTTs over hauled?

NYtransit

ive always wondered when was the OTT trains over hauled? from R32-R42. when was the first of the set over hauled and what was the last of the set over hauled?i believe the last set was was the R32 in 1990 right? and the first they were first overhauled in 1987 and all were overhauled in 1990. correct if im wrong,but which of the sets were first overhauled and then last over hauled?

The GOH program for the R32 to R42 fleets took place from 1987 to 1991.

Dont forget the R26, R28, R29, R33ML/WF, R36ML/WF

GOH really started in 1984(or 1985) with the R33 or R36 being first, cant remember which..

They were sent to different places to be overhauled. R32s were rebuilt by Morrisen-Knudsen, with the exception of ten cars, which were rebuilt by General Electric. R38s were rebuilt by GE as well, which is why the interior of a GE R32 looks exactly the same as an R38. All R40s, Slants and Straights, were rebuilt by Sumitomo, and R42s were rebuilt by MK (about 300) and CI (100). R44s were rebuilt by both MK and 207th Street, and all R46s were rebuilt by MK. No more cars were overhauled afterwards.

They were sent to different places to be overhauled. R32s were rebuilt by Morrisen-Knudsen, with the exception of ten cars, which were rebuilt by General Electric. R38s were rebuilt by GE as well, which is why the interior of a GE R32 looks exactly the same as an R38. All R40s, Slants and Straights, were rebuilt by Sumitomo, and R42s were rebuilt by MK (about 300) and CI (100). R44s were rebuilt by both MK and 207th Street, and all R46s were rebuilt by MK. No more cars were overhauled afterwards.

what year did they start to get overhauled and what was the last car?

ARe You talking about all the cars that Got GOHed even the Redbirds?

First year was 1985 with Redbird R33 last was R44 I believe which was 1992

Overhaul began in 1985 and lasted until 1992. They basically sent out the cars in worst condition to be overhauled. If I'm correct, the R46s were the last cars to be overhauled.

Overhaul began in 1985 and lasted until 1992. They basically sent out the cars in worst condition to be overhauled. If I'm correct, the R46s were the last cars to be overhauled.

Wiki shows also that the R44 Rehab ended in 92 so we both correct:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R44_%28New_York_City_Subway_car%29

Maybe I should have posted a new thread for this, but I would like to ask: is it cheaper to perform routine maintenance and avoid large-scale GOHs, or does the economies of scale of a GOH pay for itself as a result of a deferred maintenance policy?

That is, is it wise to save money on running repairs and send entire fleets to be overhauled at a lower cost per car than with small-scale SMS programs?

Archived