Summer 2009 1st major heat wave

Shortline Bus

Any reactions to the 1st heat wave of the summer 2009 season? After a summer with near-record amount of rainfalls? Dont get too use to it as it suppose to end by Thursday 8/20/09.

Reactions/comments?:):eek::cool:

I don't know where you got that information. We're below average for cumulative rainfall this year in this area, and June was a wet month, most of which is part of the spring season. July and August have been fairly dry for the most part.

Half of the rainfall this year came at the tail end of spring and at the very beginning of the summer. And this heat is miserable. My MNRR ride had several delays yesterday due to sagging catenary wires and the M2 rolling stock is infested with hot cars. Aside from that, having A/C in the work truck only makes it much more difficult to actually get out of the vehicle at a stop. Opening the door and stepping out is like walking into a brick wall. :mad:

How should I know if you believe in global warming or not? You'd think I'm a mind reader?

If you know me well, you would know I am a sarcastic person. And plus I put "global warming:" in quotes. If I really am those die-hard liberals who keep on saying "global warming is real", why on earth would I put "global warming" in quotes then?

And extreme weather patterns happen all the time. Be it "global warming" or not. In this book I read about France, a substantial number of people died from heat-related complications as a result of a heat wave that elevated temperatures to 35C or more in the summer of 2003.

People get heat strokes because they're exposed to heat for a prolonged amount of time and aren't hydrated enough. Back in 2007, and even some cases in 2008, I there have been times where I almost fainted because it was hot and I didn't drink enough water, and it led to a migraine. I've got them periodically but thank goodness that I haven't had one since June, because I make sure I stay hydrated at all times.

Archived