South Ferry Station

lilbluefoxie

That was such a cool station. :cry:

Even with the noise i loved it too.

I know. I was fortunate to be the last passenger to leave from the old station.

I used it the week before & there were tons of people taking photos.

I wonder what the old loop station looks like now bein all abandoned and stuff

Desolate, just like the City Hall loop.

I rode a (5) around the loop & it looks like the last time i was there, lights on, even the trash cans are still there. I am fairly sure it will be used in emergencies from time to time in the future.

- A

I mean, the fare control access area only has a simple roll up door closing it off from the SIF terminal lobby. I am sure they plan to keep it clean & that's about it since that is the only way to get down to the station without taking a (5) over the diversion switch(es).

- A

I rode a (5) around the loop & it looks like the last time i was there, lights on, even the trash cans are still there. I am fairly sure it will be used in emergencies from time to time in the future.

- A

How did you not get caught? Crew aren't supposed to have passengers be on the loop track unlike City Hall, which really sucks. South Ferry is a real nice station. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it for the last time in March but I did go there in January and I did go to the station on opening day.

I even talked to the C/R because we were parked for like 15 minutes & he said there was a delay in moving the outbound train. It was an R142.

They don't encourage riders to go through the loop, because they don't know how long the train will be there & some other reasons.

I've ridden it a bunch of times, i like it in winter, because i get a chance to sit alone in the car & thaw out.

- A

I even talked to the C/R because we were parked for like 15 minutes & he said there was a delay in moving the outbound train. It was an R142.

They don't encourage riders to go through the loop, because they don't know how long the train will be there & some other reasons.

I've ridden it a bunch of times, i like it in winter, because i get a chance to sit alone in the car & thaw out.

- A

That makes sense. It's not like the (6) which doesn't have to worry about another route at the City Hall loop.

Just to clarify, you can stay on the train if it is not going into the yard?

Correct. As long as it's actually using the loop to go back uptown you are :tup: to go. Just make sure to ask the C/R before boarding, and respect their answer. :(

- A

Archived