M Line Strip Map (work in progress)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so its supposed to go the other way? I did it the same direction as the one on the (L),

The strip maps start with the Northern Terminus starting from the left and going down to the southern terminus on the right.

that looks cool, i like the animation.

Im going to add in the missing transfers on the Manhattan Stations.

And also include Chambers and Broad Street as termini, like how you included Myrtle Avenue.

Awesome job! :tup: How do you make those strip maps anyway? I'd be interested in making a few for myself and use it as a signature.

I did it in Adobe Illustrator, a vector graphics program, its all just shapes and text :P

He's right, and there is no (Q6) anymore.

I did it for the time the R143 was delivered, they still had 6 Ave (Q6) in 2002.

I did it for the time the R143 was delivered, they still had 6 Ave (Q6) in 2002.

I'm afraid you're wrong; the (Q6) was eliminated in the summer of 2001 and the R143s were delivered later in the year; the <Q> was around at that time though; notice that when the MTA update the strip maps they place stickers where a change is required. There is no sticker where the Union Square reading is for the (L) because the (N), (Q), <Q>, (R) and (W) were all there in late 2001.

Archived