Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
lilbluefoxie

M Line Strip Map (work in progress)

I was bored earlier so I decided to make a visualization of what the strip map would look like on an R143 on the (M) I can do other lines if anyones interested.

Edit: Its complete now!

m-line-strip-map.jpg

Edited by lilbluefoxie

so its supposed to go the other way? I did it the same direction as the one on the (L),

The strip maps start with the Northern Terminus starting from the left and going down to the southern terminus on the right.

Cool stuff. I don't know if you noticed, but Fulton St is missing. But very good job!

I noticed it as I was finishing it today

m-line-strip-map.jpg

Here is the finished work.

Just a few more things: add Chambers Street and Broad Street as additional termini and you're good to go. Good stuff man! :tup:

Quick animation attempt with GIMP though for some reason the txt came out blurred a bit.

mlinestripmap.gif

Just saw that lilbluefoxie updated the image. Redone with the new updated image.

mlinestripmap.gif

that looks cool, i like the animation.

Im going to add in the missing transfers on the Manhattan Stations.

And also include Chambers and Broad Street as termini, like how you included Myrtle Avenue.

Awesome job! :tup: How do you make those strip maps anyway? I'd be interested in making a few for myself and use it as a signature.

This is nitpicky, but I think Wycoff is spelled Wyckoff.

Boredom can lead to amazing things...

He's right, and there is no (Q6) anymore.

Awesome job! :tup: How do you make those strip maps anyway? I'd be interested in making a few for myself and use it as a signature.

I did it in Adobe Illustrator, a vector graphics program, its all just shapes and text :P

He's right, and there is no (Q6) anymore.

I did it for the time the R143 was delivered, they still had 6 Ave (Q6) in 2002.

I did it for the time the R143 was delivered, they still had 6 Ave (Q6) in 2002.

I'm afraid you're wrong; the (Q6) was eliminated in the summer of 2001 and the R143s were delivered later in the year; the <Q> was around at that time though; notice that when the MTA update the strip maps they place stickers where a change is required. There is no sticker where the Union Square reading is for the (L) because the (N), (Q), <Q>, (R) and (W) were all there in late 2001.

Here's a piece of the December 2001 subway map for reference.

2001subwaymap.jpg