1988 Pan Am Terrorist Bomber freed from jail

Shortline Bus

I am not sure how many of you were alive or remember the worst international terrorist attck affecting the United States before '9/11' but the mastermind and only man convicted of the horrible event was released. The bombing over the now former Pan Am(big reason that airline went out of business)Airlines in December 1988 just days before The Christmas Holidays killed all 250-plus passengers aboard in Scotland heading for New York.

The guy sent to prison was an aide for long time Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi himself a terrorist.

The Lockerbie bombing is believed by most terrorism experts 'reveage' for the 1986 US bombing in Libya trying to capture/arrest Gadhafi that killed dozens of Libyans. On board that flight was dozens of students at Syracuse University who also were killed.

The Bomber has 'terminal cancer' and the Scotish government claims he no threat and wanted a dignity and compassionate 'passing for him. Here the story from NY Daily News. Feel free to comment/reacrions on whether Megrahi should even be freed and sent 'home'.

Scotland releases Lockerbie bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, responsible in part for 270 deaths

BY Brian Kates

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Updated Thursday, August 20th 2009

The only man convicted in the 1988 terrorist bombing of a New York-bound Pan Am jetliner over Lockerbie, Scotland, was freed Thursday over White House objections.

Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, who has terminal prostate cancer, was to be flown to his homeland in Tripoli, where he is expected to die within three months.

The former Libyan intelligence officer was sentenced to serve a minimum of 27 years in a Scottish prison for his role in the attack, which killed all 259 people aboard and 11 on the ground when the plane crashed into the town of Lockerbie.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...#ixzz0OjdmfAKQ

I was only (7) months old......when that happen....I don't have a opnion on this......I mean I feel if u killed 250 people then u should rot in hell

Or also being shot/injected via lethal injection. Normally i am against the death penalty but in case of Pan AM and '9/11' massarces be my guest. I agree 100% with you JFK on that point. Besides this Pan Am attack,the international criminal system especially for terrorists 'sucks' imo. Also now nearly 10 years after 9/11 and so far only 1 man has been convicted. That sucks.:mad::tdown:

Yea I'm not a favor of killing people in prison....so just leave him there........if this was in good old u.s.a there would be no question he would had rot.......or they would had killed him.....

In Libya tonight(8/20/09) he got a heros welcome. Talk about tale of 2 worlds.:confused:

In Libya tonight(8/20/09) he got a heros welcome. Talk about tale of 2 worlds.:confused:

I wouldn't be surprised that he recieved a heros welcome,when the twin towers collapsed millions of Afghanis were cheering and celebrating in Afghanistan,it's just sickening to know people celebrate atrocities commited by one of their own.Well i personally don't agree with the death penalty and for this dude to be freed,what were they thinking?.Dying or not he should have roted in jail.That horrible tragedy inflicted on those innocent lives also contributed to the downfall of Pan Am Airways.

well he should have been shot. the death penalty this is how i would do it tie up his hands and legs standing up stright and take gun and shoot him right in the head

Normally i am a civilzed man myself. However for this guy and the 9/11 guys i would not lose sleep at all for that sentence. And maybe be stuck listening to Paris Hilton albums in jail as well for life. :P::cool:

This guy (Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi a former Libyan Intelligence officer) they just freed was most likely a scapegoat. They didnt convict him until 2001.

Do some research before complaining about how sick it makes you feel that he was freed. The real people who put those bombs on the planes are the ones who should be rotting in jail but no one knows who they were but thhe people involved.

Seriously people need to stop taking the news at face value and jumping to conclusions, directing their energy of digust and hatred etc.. and dig deeper,do some reaserch if it is that important of a news story to you. Who made anyone here the authority on what should be done in this scenario and what makes you think its ok to "shoot him in the head" or carry out any other form of vigilante justice?

The Scottish nor American Govt is not going to release a convicted murderer who was caught shooting someone and killing them just because they had terminal cancer, So why would they release this guy?

There is more to it than meets the eye. They were holding the wrong guy in jail for 8 years and let him go and they are using the "Terminal Cancer" story to ease it out. Fact of the matter is the only people who know what really happened and who were responsible were never accounted for or convicted.

This guy (Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi a former Libyan Intelligence officer) they just freed was most likely a scapegoat. They didnt convict him until 2001.

Do some research before complaining about how sick it makes you feel that he was freed. The real people who put those bombs on the planes are the ones who should be rotting in jail but no one knows who they were but thhe people involved.

Seriously people need to stop taking the news at face value and jumping to conclusions, directing their energy of digust and hatred etc.. and dig deeper,do some reaserch if it is that important of a news story to you. Who made anyone here the authority on what should be done in this scenario and what makes you think its ok to "shoot him in the head" or carry out any other form of vigilante justice?

The Scottish nor American Govt is not going to release a convicted murderer who was caught shooting someone and killing them just because they had terminal cancer, So why would they release this guy?

There is more to it than meets the eye. They were holding the wrong guy in jail for 8 years and let him go and they are using the "Terminal Cancer" story to ease it out. Fact of the matter is the only people who know what really happened and who were responsible were never accounted for or convicted.

I kinda agree with you Mess. Also, terrorists usually take full responsibility for an attack especially one of that magnitude.

Don't get me wrong, this was a terrible tragedy. I remember it like it was yesterday but something doesn't smell right. I guess we'll never know.

I kinda agree with you Mess. Also, terrorists usually take full responsibility for an attack especially one of that magnitude.

Don't get me wrong, this was a terrible tragedy. I remember it like it was yesterday but something doesn't smell right. I guess we'll never know.

While the evidence might be circumstance only after his conviction did this guy claim he was innocence.

While my gut tells me he gulity at least as an 'associate' I dont think he was the mastermind of Lockerbie and the world like now 9/11 will never found out who really did this massacre or most important the seeds of carrying it out.

I just being watching the BBC news online and that the Scotish/British government is on verge of signing a long term deal w/ Libya to get their oil. Is that possible?:mad:

Do you remember that during the whole 80s era everyone wanted a piece of Libya and we were constantly bombing their ships and fighter planes over disputes of the Gulf of Sidra border? I remember when they showed the cockpit footage of American fighter pilots shooting down Libyan fighter planes in 1986 and them leaving the curses un-censored on the 5 o clock news of the fighter pilots celebrating and cursing away.

Africa has always been a very abused continent due to rich countries wanting to exploit them for their resources.

Libya is a very important part of the middle east / Africa. Britain throughout history has always gone to Africa to exploit the people and coerce them into giving away their diamonds, oil, platinum and what ever other valuable natural resources they have.

The whole thing in Darfur that the celebrities love talking about is being caused by the Chinese. They are paying the African rebels money to kill off the natives off of their land so when the land is clear the Chinese can come in and take the oil they so desperately need.

The Chinese specifically let people they make deals with know "hey we dont care what you do, we wont say anything about any moral conflicts, we are here just for business"

Here an update. Rumors are flying that both Scotish and British offcals released the Pan Am Bomber in part for oil maybe? Here story.

Oil for a Terrorist: Khadafy in relation to Lockerbie bomber's release

BY Helen Kennedy

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, August 23rd 2009

The uproar over the Lockerbie bomber's release grew Sunday as U.S. politicians demanded to know if Britain and Libya had a secret deal to trade the terrorist's freedom for oil.

Sen. Joseph Lieberman called suggestions of a deal "shocking" and urged an investigation.

"I don't want to believe that they are true, but they are hanging so heavily in the air that I hope that our friends in Britain will convene an independent investigation," Lieberman (I-Conn.) told CNN.

In New York, Sen. Chuck Schumer also demanded answers to the questions swirling around Thursday's release of convicted Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, who is dying of cancer.

"Was there a quid pro quo here?" Schumer (D-N.Y.) asked at a news conference. "I don't know if that's the truth, but if it is: shame, shame, shame on the British government."

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown was under blistering fire at home for what critics called his "astonishing" refusal to speak publicly about the matter.

"When the going gets tough, Gordon Brown disappears," sniped Conservative Party pol Liam Fox.

Both Brown and his secretary of state for business, Lord Mandelson, had separate private meetings with Libyan dictator Moammar Khadafy and his son in the weeks before the release of the only man convicted of blowing up Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, in 1988.

They acknowledged discussing the prisoner, but denied any quid pro quo.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/08/23/2009-08-23_us_pols_question_brits_dealings_with_libya_leader.html#ixzz0P4E4AmAl

c)2009 NY Daily News,Inc.

Regardless of the real motive behind the decision making to free this man he is guilty for terrorism and should have been kept locked up for life,cancer or not.
I 100% agree with u ...he should rot in hell.....but there were other that did this who sre not in jail.......they were wrong for letting him go.....I don't care wat role he played in it....he should just rot......

(J)(F)(K).....(JFK)

I 100% agree with u ...he should rot in hell.....but there were other that did this who sre not in jail.......they were wrong for letting him go.....I don't care wat role he played in it....he should just rot......

(J)(F)(K).....(JFK)

I heard online rumors that the Scotish Minister that released him has gotten death threats from probably Americans. Also calls for boycotts as well.

Archived