If you could make service anyway you wanted, how would make it?

NYCTNostalgia

I would

--------------------------------------

(A)8Av Express to/from 207 or Far Rockaway Mott Av

All times. (Late Nights via Express)

(B)C.P.W Lcl/6Av Express

To/From Bedford Park or Brighton Beach weekdays 5-12am.

©8Av Local to/from 168 St and Lefferts Blvd 5-12am everyday.(Late nights via lefferts blvd shuttle)

(D)Leave alone, but make 4Av late night service express.

(E) Jamaica Parson/Archer to Lefferts Blvd, but Queens Blvd Express Late nights to WTC only.

(F)via 53 St insted of 63 St,

And a culver exp

(G)Term at Court Sq all times

(H)Shuttle between Rockaway Pk and Mott Av(Far Rockaway)

(J)(M)Jamaica center-Broad St all times.(Late nights (M) via Myrtle Shuttle)

(K)179 St Jamaica-Rockaway Park(Queens Blvd-8Av-Fulton Express)(Late Night Local)

(L)Same

(N)Weekend Express/Late Night Express.Seabeach exp from kings hwy and up

(Q)Same

®Runs all times

(S)(Franklin)-same

(V)via 63 St to Kings Hwy culver lcl weekdays (wkends to 2Av) Late Night service to 2Av.

(W)to coney Island via Local

Thru seabeach.

(Z)same

(1)same

(2)same

(3)late nights to 34 st(not 42nd)

(4)same

<4>Jerome Exp

(5)all times to flatbush av, but late nights

(6)same

<6>same

(7)<7>same

(S)(42 st)same

-------------------------------------

Of course this is a fantsy and this will never come true.

Lol

The only thing I would do is make a tunnel connection between St. George and South Ferry on the (1). The fact of the matter is, Staten Island riders need a better connection to Manhattan without having to shelve out $5.50 for the express bus or have to wait 15 minutes during rush hour for their ferry. Since Bloomberg is proposing to reinstate North Shore service, it can be possible to see a tunnel connection between SI and Manhattan. As scenic as the SI Ferry ride is, one can also take the Ellis and Liberty Island ferry from Battery Park if they want scenic.

Headways every 5-6 minutes, cortlandt street stations (1)(9)(N)(R)(W) re-opened, (9) back in service, <7> all the time except late nights, and have it on late nights when there are mets games.

I would also see (C) 10 cars R42 only, and (E) R143/R160 only.

Free out of system transfer between terminals (E)(1)(5) at bowling green, (6), (J)(M)(Z) downtown, and free transfer from RIOC tramway to Roosevelt Island (F).

Make the <7> express and skip 5th ave. When extension is complete, increase TPH and get as many <7> on the line as possible. Right now it takes too damn long to get out towards flushing.

Rebuild the 42nd st shuttle tracks to allow trains to run from south ferry on the west side to 125th on the lex, or around to city hall brooklyn bridge all while maintaining the shuttle.

- A

I would restore the (H) officially to the Rockaway Park Shuttle.

The only problem I see with the (C) is that it's local and though service north of Euclid Avenue is local, the (A) from Lefferts Boulevard and the (A) from Mott Avenue come together to produce the headways the (A) has beginning at Rockaway Boulevard. I'm almost sure the (A) would have less headways if it was cut back to one terminal and the (C) would stay local at Euclid Avenue anyway.

I would definitely swap the C and B again in spite of the lay-up hassles.

I would have to agree with you on this case. I am a big conservative when it comes to the subway and I'd like to see most, if not all, of the old services restored. The (C) started its life on the Concourse Line and should probably be back there. But the main reason behind the (:) and (C) swap was to keep the crews together and to avoid leaving any cars at the yards they didn't belong at (R32s and R38s at Concourse, R40 Slants at 207th). I don't even think the (B) was always stationed at Concourse anyway, with the exception of the Manhattan Bridge closures that obviously kept the (B) and the (D) together.

i would make a change on the Broadway Line:

(N) remains the same except late nights, where it runs via Bridge instead of Tunnel.

(Q) LOCAL at all times via Tunnel (being that its a short line)

(R) via 4 Av Local to DeKalb Av, via Bridge, then Express to 57 St/7 Ave, then regular to Queens. (Use (Q) for local service).

(W) remains the same.

(N) remains the same except late nights, where it runs via Bridge instead of Tunnel.

(R) via 4 Av Local to DeKalb Av, via Bridge, then Express to 57 St/7 Ave, then regular to Queens. (Use (Q) for local service).

(W) remains the same.

I think that (Q) riders would be really unhappy with this major change:o

I think that (Q) riders would be really unhappy with this major change:o

yea thats true, but being that the (R) is a super long local line, i figured let it skip a few stops and leave the (Q) local cuz it only makes 5 stops in manhattan.

the (Q) is a short line, the (R) is the longest throughout the Broadway Line.

UNLESS.....the (N)(Q) can switch terminals, the (Q) operates local to Astoria 24/7, the (R) runs via Queens Blvd Local-Broadway Exp via Bridge (weekends via Broadway Local via Bridge)-4 Av Local, and the (N) can terminate at 57 St/7 Av @ all times via Broadway Exp-4 Av Exp (Late Nights 4 Av Local). (W) remains unchanged. i feel bad for the (Q), lol. but u are right tho. idk, i was just thinking.

Here are a few of mine:

(A) To Far Rockaway ONLY

(C) Extend To Church Ave via Culver. (provides CPW and 8 Ave line riders direct access to the Culver line)

(S) Rock Shuttle: Rename back to (H) and runs all times (Gives (A) only one route)

(E) Extend to To Lefferts via Fulton Lcl (provides Queens Blvd and 8 Ave line riders direct access to the Fulton line) (Gives (A) only one route)

(G) Extend To Avenue X via Culver Exp (provides Crosstown and Culver riders express service on the Culver line)

(W) Extend to Kings Hwy rush hours via 4 Ave Lcl,Sea Beach Exp and Astoria Exp (provides Lwr Manhattan riders direct access to the 4 Ave and Sea Beach lines and Sea Beach Exp service)

(J) Extend to Brighton Beach via Brighton Lcl rush hours

Eliminate (Z)

yea thats true, but being that the (R) is a super long local line, i figured let it skip a few stops and leave the (Q) local cuz it only makes 5 stops in manhattan.

the (Q) is a short line, the (R) is the longest throughout the Broadway Line.

UNLESS.....the (N)(Q) can switch terminals, the (Q) operates local to Astoria 24/7, the (R) runs via Queens Blvd Local-Broadway Exp via Bridge (weekends via Broadway Local via Bridge)-4 Av Local, and the (N) can terminate at 57 St/7 Av @ all times via Broadway Exp-4 Av Exp (Late Nights 4 Av Local). (W) remains unchanged. i feel bad for the (Q), lol. but u are right tho. idk, i was just thinking.

The (Q) is going to have a new terminal along Second Avenue, that is, if it is ever completed. I'd rather see (Q) service operate via Queens Boulevard on weekends to provide relief for (R) riders because the (G) barely runs there.

The (Q) is going to have a new terminal along Second Avenue, that is, if it is ever completed. I'd rather see (Q) service operate via Queens Boulevard on weekends to provide relief for (R) riders because the (G) barely runs there.

yea true also. the (R) is always the slowest.

hmm, I would have kept (8) in the Bronx and the culver shuttle (S), as well as the South Ferry shuttle (S).

I would have also extended some lines into eastern queens, the (7)(F)(E)(J) and (A) and perhaps added a Francis Lewis Blvd line as a second crosstown route with a possible terminal at JFK.

I would extend (N) to LGA.

Staten Island Railroad would use LIRR rolling stock and its north line would be opened again.

No more (Z) it hardly ever runs to begin with.

(M) to Brooklyn weekdays, to Chambers weekends.

To eliminate the confusion with the (A) for tourists who happen to use it for traveling to the airport, no more (A) to Lefferts, instead an extended (C). (A) to Far Rockaway only, all times with a <A> to Lefferts rush hours.

(G) to Court Square all times, and extend the cars to 6 sets. Use the latest technologies to keep this line user freindly for the newly expanding areas along the line.

Add more stops to Metro North from Grand Central to 125th St to take the heat off the Lexington Line.

Get the (T) done already, we need a Robert Moses for transit, a guy who can get things done and not take crap from nobody

(A) Runs between 207th Street and Far Rockway-Mott Av only

(;) Runs between Bedford Pk blvd and Brighton Beach weekdays, between 145 St and Brighton beach weeknds.

(C) Extended to Lefferts Blvd

(D)-(G), (N)-(W) same

(J) Operates between Jamaica Center and Broad St all times all stops

(M) Operates between Chambers Street and Metropolitan avenue, late nights, Shuttle between Myrtle avenue and Met. Avenue

(Z) runs express (Peak direction) between Marcy Av and Broadway Junction,

Local between BJ and Jamaica Ctr. 7AM-8:30AM and 4:00-6:00 PM.

(T) Have Second Avenue Subway completed.

(W) remains the same.

Interesting, but flexibility issues. How are you going to send both the N and R via 60th from Bway Express with the Q on Bway Local to terminate at 57/7?

Archived