Ride the R40M's

R32 3838

Hopefully i can catch this before it gets retireed. For now people should be thinking about the retireed cars not R160, like 33rd St said. People are so into NTT and cant realize that cars are being retired! OTT FOREVER!!!

Lol...OTT.

If they are in service on Saturday I'll definitely make time to catch it.

Lol...OTT.

If they are in service on Saturday I'll definitely make time to catch it.

To bad it cant be on the (F) for 1 weekend geez!! I hate it under the tube -_-bZ.

Once these are out then R42 and R32 X_X!!!!!! Then we are DOOM! Cuz these are the last SMEE to have its car shaped like the IRT rectangle version while the R44 and later are curved !!

100% agree! I hate to touch other people and turn my head 270 degrees just to look out the window. R46s are the best on the QBL, but I prefer the R44s over them overall.

yup! R44, R46, R68 and R68A seats are way better then bench seats. i have to agree with you 100%.:tup:

im not a R160 fan either. believe it or not, i cant stand those cars. the only thing i like about them is that they're pretty fast and the AC works good. otherwise, i hate those cars. the seats are uncomfortable, and the way some people look at u when theyre sitting across from u. which is y i been taking the (:( more than the (Q), unless an R68/R68A on the (Q) pops in the station, thats when i take it. (i been getting pretty lucky lately.) the window seats on the R68/R68A's, as well as R44/R46 are perfectly fine for me. im sitting down, looking out the window, minding my own business w/o me looking at other people, or other people looking at me.

Generally, when riding the subway as little eye contact as possible is made amongst all passengers inside a subway car. If people are giving you looks, it might be because you're looking at them and they don't know how to react, so their stares might just be "WTF?" looks.

Generally, when riding the subway as little eye contact as possible is made amongst all passengers inside a subway car. If people are giving you looks, it might be because you're looking at them and they don't know how to react, so their stares might just be "WTF?" looks.

lol true

That's still not as bad as touching another person on a bench for like 5 stations straight.

Since today is their last day, and they're running solely on the (V) line, here are some revised suggestions. The two R40M cars are in the middle of an R42 train and are numbered 4484-4485.

Forest Hills

Queens Plaza

Lexington - 53rd (this is a good idea because if you're in the middle of the platform the R40s will show up in front of you no matter what platform you try)

2nd Ave.

That's still not as bad as touching another person on a bench for like 5 stations straight.

Sure the best seats are the side window ones on the R44/46/68/a's, but other than that it's still worse with the bucket seats especially on the 3-seaters when someone tries to squeeze into the middle seat. To me that's worse than any bench seat where everyone doesn't have to cram into a small designated space that is a bucket seat.

Archived