Facebook Vs MySpace... You decide!!!

mass production

Facebook all day, everyday! It's a lifesaver ever since I graduated, even though i signed up for one at the beginning of this year, it's a good way to keep in touch with everyone.

MySpace is full of stalkers, which is why I would never consider getting one. With Facebook, I don't have to worry about random people adding me as 'friends".

Facebook all day, everyday! It's a lifesaver ever since I graduated, even though i signed up for one at the beginning of this year, it's a good way to keep in touch with everyone.

MySpace is full of stalkers, which is why I would never consider getting one. With Facebook, I don't have to worry about random people adding me as 'friends".

True that!!!:)

The best socializing for me is thru bulletin Boards[Forums].

I do socialize how ever in Facebook and MySpace but dont like as much. Sometimes holes are formed in this sites which leads to account hacks and crap. Yes I know this sites are kept safe but you never know. Heh i know im talking about cuz im into IT [information Technology]. Plus sex offenders are found commonly on these sites.

It also annoys me that many children "claim" themselves as over 14 or worst 18 and the kids are under 14 even 8 years old and think that MYSPACE[Or Facebook too] is a fun place, only cuz friends uses it. Yeah you better watch out on whos checking your Profile! Even some parents don't give a crap if they sign up or not. They will learn once they see something happening to there children[God forbid]. Bless the parents who block them from such sites!

MySpace 4 years ago: Cool, would let you customize things, you could message people and have online conversations but not much more. Interesting waste of time but kind of fun. There were "stalker" types but they were usually pretty easy to avoid for anyone with common sense.

MySpace now: Filled with ads, junk, and cluttered pages and people who "friend" you only so they can advertise on your page or send you stupid crap. The stalkers are still there. Encouraging people to be creative with their profiles just led to a bunch of people overdesigning their pages so that they take a minute to load on a broadband connection, and adding "fan" pages for bands and comedians was a disaster.

Facebook 4 years ago: Great place for college kids only where you could friend that random hottie in your class, get a response, hit it off, and take her out/treat her right/hook up/a little afternoon delight and it not be awkward. People with common interests would join groups and get to know each other and sometimes even become friends in real life. Pictures and events and groups were the only things to do and that meant the only thing to do on there was socialize.

Facebook now: Just like myspace filled with crap. All kinds of stupid applications that prevent people from meaningfully intereacting. the creeps and stalkers have hit here too so no friend request is safe, so forget the go easy atmosphere of early Facebook. Anyone can join and make as many accounts as they like. Ads and pages promoting sites are everywhere, and wiseasses make fan pages (note: not groups) devoted to stupid things like "the other side of the pillow" or "sleeping past 10am". People continue to add as many applications as possible in the narcissist belief that other people actually care what their music tastes are and might want to play them when they view the person's page (which of course makes the ridiculous assumption that people view their page in the first place)...

THAT SAID...

FINAL SCORE:

MySpace 4 years ago: Decent

MySpace now: sucks

Facebook 4 years ago: Amazing

Facebook now: going down the shitter and fast

Well, they're both better than Twitter. That site is like posting a constant away message and is only 1/10ths of what facebook is. And when it comes to those random friend requests, I haven't received any as of yet.

Facebook and Myspace are both filled with attention whores now a days. Facebook was a good idea to find/ keep in touchwith friends and releativs but do you really need to have all of this information in one place so everyone on your friends list can see it? Canyou all just communicate through email? Facebook is crap, its like myspace with all the stupid games and addons that just clutter the page and create spam and virus issues. Not to mention if you read the facebook privacy policy THERE IS NO PRIVACY. They can take ownership and use anything you upload to the site. Pictures, music, etc. They even had a clause saying they would retain all pics and info even after you deleted it or de-activated your account. Notice you cant DELETE your account it just gets DEACTIVATED. There have been many reports also of facebook taking peoples profile pics and using them to promote facebook by using them in their advertisements or even handing them over to their sponsors to use as in the recent dating website scandal that used peoples facebook profile pics in advertising campains. :tdown:

Do you have your A+ certification? MCSE? If not, then you aren't really in IT.

By the way, an MCSE or A+ is really a joke. No employers care about them, and the companies that care about a cert rather than experience are not going to pay you much or are looking for them because they dont know how to screen employees who know what they are doing so they want to see a cert to give them some re-assurance. I have worked in the IT industry for over 10+ years professionally and not one company asked for an MCSE or A+, infact my first job the guy asked me, so do you have any certs? I said nah, and he said good. You know why?

A plumber can read a book and if he has good reading comprehension he can remember what he read and pass the MCSE or A+ cert and pass. That doesnt make him in IT, hes just a plumber with years of plumbing experience and little computer experience who remebered what he read and got a cert. What makes you in IT is the ability to quickly adapt to situations, alot of experience along with your ability to diagnose/troubleshoot, your complete understanding of how systems function, why they malfunction and what tricks of the trade will get you over those obstacles. Not getting hung up on problems for too long or thinking "Hey I can just re-format and fix it!" The only REAL CERTICIFATION that is valuable is any CISCO cert because they actually teach you alot and expect you to effectivly implement what you learned during th courses and training. Knowing how CISCO systems work is a very valuable asset and people respect those certs. When you have an MCSE or A+ its not really that valuable. A CISCO cert is like a degree, MCSE is like a GED. Its like when people who go to four year colleges and study computer science / engineering and get a degree and then laugh at people who go to a trade school for a year and a half and get a cert. If you learn how to create networks, internet routes, BGP (Border Gateway Protocol), a full understanding of TCP/IP , DNS SMTP etc then you are a valuable assett and are worth more than any Microsoft cert.

While having an A+ certification and MCSE helps to establish yourself in the field, it's not necessarily that which identifies someone who works in the field. Even before I got my A+ cert I had plenty of one-time IT gigs to get me started. I only got the certification to open more doors for me. But not nearly as many as I would have open to me once i finish with a degree in Computers. Messino has managed to run the point across way better than I could.

Back on topic now...Facebook ftw....I've gotten in contact with way more people from my past through facebook than I ever did with Myspace. And I didn't have issues with 14 yr old girls hitting on me and 13 yr old boys wanting to be my friend out of nowhere. Also Facebook allows for more professionalism in my opinion.

Not true Julio. As long as you get paid and make a living doing it than you are in the IT field or an IT guy.

Also, the MCSE certification is not the top certification anymore. The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) credential is the leading certification for Microsoft. I don't have either of them and probably never will.

Never joined Myspace. I only joined Facebook after it was no longer blocked at my boarding school. I did so to keep in contact with my family and my friends since I am hardly in New York nowadays. And I still see it as useful in that aspect. I've pretty much denied every request to join "Mafia Wars" and whatever quiz someone asks me to take, because that's not really why I joined. And after the program at Carnegie Mellon this summer that I took, I am really seeing Facebook even more useful for keeping in contact with some really good friends. People tell me that I should make a fan page or join Myspace for the music I create, but I don't see the usefulness of that. I'm using Facebook just for the connections that I'm able to keep there, and nothing else.

For me Facebook is great! There are alot of things to do on Facebook and more real people on there! Also their mobile function is great too as I can limit what I get sent to my phone

MySpace is not bad however majority of my friend requests are pretty much eater spam or virus filled. Might try MySpace mobile soon!

I am also on Twitter as well and that is pretty boring for the most part. It's great for those that want to follow celebrates though! Twitter sucks in limiting mobile alerts as the only thing I can do is send a message to my twitter page otherwise I be getting everybody status messages on my phone!

Archived