NYC Express Buses: What buses should be cut and which ones should be expanded?

Shortline Bus

I think some do, but I'm not sure if all of them are.

In that case, the MTA should really consider consolidating the Hylan Boulevard from nine to five at most. This is why I think the TA should consider using artics for the express routes. It would make sense to, as it would allow more passengers to fit onto a bus and woud cause many of the Hylan routes to be cut down. The only thing that should be done to the seating arrangements to the buses is to make them suburban style and take out the back doors.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hem, interesting idea. I think those 2-door artics would be better off if they ran express. Some will have to be displaced anyway when the nova lfs arrive.

I'm going to look at the Staten Island bus map and study the routes to see how the Hylan Boulevard routes can be consolidated into five at most and then I'll have a say as to how bus service between Staten Island and Brooklyn should operate. Operating all nine services are a waste of diesel fuel in my humble opinion/

I'm going to look at the Staten Island bus map and study the routes to see how the Hylan Boulevard routes can be consolidated into five at most and then I'll have a say as to how bus service between Staten Island and Brooklyn should operate. Operating all nine services are a waste of diesel fuel in my humble opinion/

I totally agree, even buses that aren't 70% full is still a waste. If you cut back useless routes you can free up more buses for other lines that can really use them like the X1 and X17 or such lines. I'm not against all express buses, just ones that aren't well used.

Heck, maybe put those artics on the X1 since they need all the buses they can get.

Archived