The (Q) laying up at 63rd and Lex

Aqueduct

Seeing how the last stop for this train is 57th and 7th, it lays up at 63rd and Lex. Just wondering how long it lays up at 63rd and Lex before returning into revenue service for.

The (Q) doesn't lay up at 63rd and Lex. It discharges passengers at 57th Street and stays there. When it's time for the train to leave, it leaves.

The (Q) doesn't lay up at 63rd and Lex. It discharges passengers at 57th Street and stays there. When it's time for the train to leave, it leaves.

My mistake, I thought they used the other half 63rd and Lex station meant for the SAS as layup.

My mistake, I thought they used the other half 63rd and Lex station meant for the SAS as layup.

Well don't get me wrong, trains are stored there, probably some of the (N) trains that start and end there during peak hours.

If there are trains laid up north of 57/7 wouldn't it affect the (R) if it needed to be rerouted to the (F)/63rd st?

If an emergency reroute is called for, then they could either:

1: get all the layup trains out of the connector and put them somewhere else, e.g. Canal Street or City Hall LL, or

2: if only four trains are layupped (two per track), they can have both trains stored beyond the platform at Lexington & 63rd. I heard that the track extends past the platform and one train length long, and one platform at the station.

The unopened side of 63rd/Lex is used as a lay-up for (W) trains. I can't remember which one, but in the early after noon, a (W) drops out around 42nd or 57th and gets layed-up at Lex. Also, the lay-up does not extend a full train length past the end of the platform, but yes two trains can be stored on each track.

The unopened side of 63rd/Lex is used as a lay-up for (W) trains. I can't remember which one, but in the early after noon, a (W) drops out around 42nd or 57th and gets layed-up at Lex. Also, the lay-up does not extend a full train length past the end of the platform, but yes two trains can be stored on each track.

I remember around 3 years ago, I see a (W) whiz along the local track, NIS. It was a slant back then as well. The time was around 630 at Union Square, northbound. I've seen it several times. Can someone explain this phenomenon? Is it heading for a lay-up?

I remember around 3 years ago, I see a (W) whiz along the local track, NIS. It was a slant back then as well. The time was around 630 at Union Square, northbound. I've seen it several times. Can someone explain this phenomenon? Is it heading for a lay-up?

What direction was it going, though it could have been a drop out no matter what.

Northbound local track. Running light.

Can't be headed to Whitehall on a northbound track at Union Square.

In that case, it may have been heading to Astoria, although I don't know why would they be providing put-ins at 6:30 in the afternoon, unless it was in the morning....

If there are trains laid up north of 57/7 wouldn't it affect the (R) if it needed to be rerouted to the (F)/63rd st?

If an emergency reroute is called for, then they could either:

1: get all the layup trains out of the connector and put them somewhere else, e.g. Canal Street or City Hall LL, or

2: if only four trains are layupped (two per track), they can have both trains stored beyond the platform at Lexington & 63rd. I heard that the track extends past the platform and one train length long, and one platform at the station.

the layup does not affect reouted (R) trains over 63rd. the layup is east of the crossover between 6th Ave and Bway lines. (R) trains would run on the (F), stop at Lex/63rd, then after departing, crossover to the Bway line. if you look back while crossing over, youll see the track for layups,(and the future SAS) there.

Actually you're all right. There are (N)'s, ®'s and (W)'s all laid up at 63/Lex, but no scheduled (W) runs out of 57.

When Phase I opens, Lexington Avenue-63d Street will see plenty of (Q) trains and 96th Street (96th Street-Upper East Side? 96th Street-Yorkville?) will become the (Q)'s new terminal.

Did I hear correctly that Third Avenue will get access to the station?

If you should ever see the day.

Actually you're all right. There are (N)'s, ®'s and (W)'s all laid up at 63/Lex, but no scheduled (W) runs out of 57.

If you should ever see the day.

LOL! But with luck, maybe Phase I by 2017 (late) and possibly Phase II by 2027. Way too early to count on Phase III and Phase IV.

Semantics - every scheduled (W) runs out of 57; you mean that no (W) trains are scheduled to start at 57. Of course, there is the (W) crew that starts at 57/7 - they used to convert the first (N) put-in from CIYD to a (W) while the train was in service.

Archived