George Washington Bridge

The grayscale pics...wow. I especially love the pic of the whole underside of the bridge.

How do you get your pictures to come out so crisp? Any tips? (I'm getting a point-and-shoot camera by the way so any specific suggestions for those?)

The grayscale pics...wow. I especially love the pic of the whole underside of the bridge.

How do you get your pictures to come out so crisp? Any tips? (I'm getting a point-and-shoot camera by the way so any specific suggestions for those?)

I shoot with a Nikon D40 DSLR. I suggest you save up and get a DSLR.

Nice!

The eiffel tower of bridges. :cool:

As far as cameras, you can do DSLR as Y2J suggested, but i personally keep away from those because they are quite bulky. I shoot with an ultra zoom class of cameras, "point and shoot" but they have partial and full manual mode for aperture, exposure and the one i use has vivid/norm image setting, and fine/norm capture setting. One of the models also has a hot shoe for flash, and you can use them with remote flashes, and it has a more compact form factor.

Just do a bunch of research before you buy anything. :cool:

- A

Nice!

The eiffel tower of bridges. :cool:

As far as cameras, you can do DSLR as Y2J suggested, but i personally keep away from those because they are quite bulky. I shoot with an ultra zoom class of cameras, "point and shoot" but they have partial and full manual mode for aperture, exposure and the one i use has vivid/norm image setting, and fine/norm capture setting. One of the models also has a hot shoe for flash, and you can use them with remote flashes, and it has a more compact form factor.

Just do a bunch of research before you buy anything. :cool:

- A

Point and shoots simply do not compare to the quality of DSLRs.

By the time you've updated from 2-3 Point and shoots, you could simply have gotten a DSRL to begin with. DSLRs are not bulky like you claim they are. The D40 that I have is one of the two smallest DSLRs out there from Nikon. Trust me on this man. :)

Point and shoots simply do not compare to the quality of DSLRs.

By the time you've updated from 2-3 Point and shoots, you could simply have gotten a DSRL to begin with. DSLRs are not bulky like you claim they are. The D40 that I have is one of the two smallest DSLRs out there from Nikon. Trust me on this man. :)

While i acknowledge the usefulness of high up models, their flexibility with lenses etc, i also love simplicity. My old SP was a lot slower and not nearly as advanced as the SP i have now. The increase in speed, the ability to use cheaper larger capacity micro sd OR the traditional xD memory cards keeps me firmly in the ultra zoom segment. :)

If i were to get a SLR it'd be the weatherproof E-3, or the very neat E-P1. :cool:

- A

Archived