Advice. Cooking/meal questions for low salt diet?

Shortline Bus

Hey guys. As many of you know i live alone and I am a single Bachelor male in my mid-30''s age wise. I am trying to lose weight(I am not obese but could lose a few pounds)and trying to eat less meat.

To make up for it, i now joined a health club in my area called 'Planet Fitness."

Also i now have high blood pressure as well and minor other health issues i raher not dicuss here in public.

I am very intrested in eating more meatless products but i am want my proteins that only meats provides.

Also suggestions for snacks as well. I admit i still addicted to potato chips and sugar drinks ie kool-aide and snapple products.:cool:;)

For example what are the best products to eat for meatless products/brands such as veggie burgers, veggie bacon and veggie hot dogs taste the best?

Also some low salt products to cook for meal as i love Chicken/Turkey and Tuna meats myself?

Any advice is appericated? Thanks:tup:.

I don't know the exact brands, but you should check out Whole Foods for these items.

As for a low-sodium diet, here are just some tips:

-Cut on salt

-Check the nutrition food label for the amount of sodium

-Use spices to enhance the taste, not salt

-Go for low-salt chips. If you want flavouring, make some homemade guacamole. It's all good

As for protein, you can try tofu or bean products. Stores do sell tofu burgers and stuff like that. They sell scrambled tofu (or something like that) in lieu of eggs.

Never tried them, but I once had an informational magazine on vegetarian diets and eating healthy. I wish I had it, but that's what they recommended: scrambled tofu, wheat gluten, soy products etc...

If you head down to Chinatown, on Hester Street between Centre Street and Baxter Street, there is a May may Vegeterian food store. It sells many kinds of imitation meat, including mock beef, mock duck etc...

Never tried them, but I once had an informational magazine on vegetarian diets and eating healthy. I wish I had it, but that's what they recommended: scrambled tofu, wheat gluten, soy products etc...

If you head down to Chinatown, on Hester Street between Centre Street and Baxter Street, there is a May may Vegeterian food store. It sells many kinds of imitation meat, including mock beef, mock duck etc...

I willing to give up on most meat but i love chicken tuna and turkey products too much to be a full vegetarian.:)

With that said i check out that place in Chinatown next time i am in Manhattan. Remember i live about 50 miles from NYC so i check out veggie places as well up here.:cool:

I willing to give up on most meat but i love chicken tuna and turkey products too much to be a full vegetarian.:)

With that said i check out that place in Chinatown next time i am in Manhattan. Remember i live about 50 miles from NYC so i check out veggie places as well up here.:cool:

Those products are low on cholesterol, which is fine. I also recommend eating some salmon, as it is a good source of Omega-3 fats. Also, don't go for the deli tuna, because I have no idea what tuna they got and what they put in it.

If you want to have a low-sodium diet -

Eat products that says 'Low-Sodium'.

Eat more salmon fish, a great source of Omega -3 (as metioned by MTR).

Eat less Red Meat, more white meat such as low-sodium Chicken, low-sodium Duck, low sodium Fish and seafood.

I can recommend cooking with oils and possibly salt-substitutes (spices and seasonings) or half of the recommended salt value. Cook your own vegetables and meat more, so you could have control of the ingredients. As well as eat more Tofu, Bean and Egg - based products. It could be very delicious if you cook more of it.

Also, try Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, they get plenty of health and wellness products. Otherwise, try local supermarkets or stuff like that.

No offense but no thanks to eating roasted duck. Too much reminds me i am eating Donald Duck lol.:)

If you want to have a low-sodium diet -

Eat products that says 'Low-Sodium'.

Eat more salmon fish, a great source of Omega -3 (as metioned by MTR).

Eat less Red Meat, more white meat such as low-sodium Chicken, low-sodium Duck, low sodium Fish and seafood.

I can recommend cooking with oils and possibly salt-substitutes (spices and seasonings) or half of the recommended salt value. Cook your own vegetables and meat more, so you could have control of the ingredients. As well as eat more Tofu, Bean and Egg - based products. It could be very delicious if you cook more of it.

Also, try Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, they get plenty of health and wellness products. Otherwise, try local supermarkets or stuff like that.

That's what I said. O_O

Now, chicken and all other meats come without salt naturally. But if you don't mind spending extra bucks, try going for organic meat.

Don't go for peanut or corn oils. Try vegetable oil. Don't use a lot of oil.

Here's a good tip for you: steam your chicken. Really rich with flavour. Take out the skin after cooking it. There's this recipe that the Chinese have that is like a somewhat healthier alternative to fried chicken. It's garlicked chicken. We apply some garlic to enhance the taste and the taste is rather sharpened.

If you like tuna salad, but cannot trust the deli, there should be online recipes on how to make low-fat tuna salad.

Archived