R160A/R160B Question

Actually, lrg5784, I'm curious as to how many R160s there are in revenue service and how many R160A and R160B by subway line.

But I'm also curious if the B.M.T. might become entirely R160.

With the execption of the Franklin Av (S),all of the BMT lines might have R160's come next year.i don't know an exact number of R160's in service,but my guess would well over 1000.

Actually, lrg5784, I'm curious as to how many R160s there are in revenue service and how many R160A and R160B by subway line.

But I'm also curious if the B.M.T. might become entirely R160.

There are about 1500+ R160s on service. The 9800 series are entering service now so this number is close to accurate.

There are 1,230 R160s in service.

400 R160As out of ENY

300 R160As out of Jamaica

410 R160Bs out of Coney Island

120 R160Bs out of Jamaica

For more info on which cars run on which line, check http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/bmt-ind-2009-06-28.html. Some of the info is a bit dated (for example, no SMEE's on the (E) or (F)) but it should give you accurate enough information.

There are about 1500+ R160s on service. The 9800 series are entering service now so this number is close to accurate.

Negative. There are a total of 1,662 planned. 1,500+ would mean that the order will be almost over. The second Alstom option order still needs to be delivered, as with the remaining Alstom and Kawasaki sets.

Negative. There are a total of 1,662 planned. 1,500+ would mean that the order will be almost over. The second Alstom option order still needs to be delivered, as with the remaining Alstom and Kawasaki sets.

So are you saying that there are some numbers that aren't even running yet? What slots are blank then?

So are you saying that there are some numbers that aren't even running yet? What slots are blank then?

R160A

9533-9802 - 270 cars (240 of these haven't been delivered yet)

9943-9974 - 32 cars (none of these cars have been delivered yet)

R160B

9813-9942 - 130 cars (115 haven't been delivered yet)

R160A

9533-9802 - 270 cars (240 of these haven't been delivered yet)

9943-9974 - 32 cars (none of these cars have been delivered yet)

R160B

9813-9942 - 130 cars (115 haven't been delivered yet)

Thanks for clarifying that.

I don't care what's delivered, They are both Crap, Instead of Worring about R160 Car dliveries, Worry about what's going on now, Get a Life, Damn, I bet you 8 times out of 10 most of you would choose an R160 over a Hot Chick.

I don't care what's delivered, They are both Crap, Instead of Worring about R160 Car dliveries, Worry about what's going on now, Get a Life, Damn, I bet you 8 times out of 10 most of you would choose an R160 over a Hot Chick.

LMFAO!!!! Well said!

Is there something really wrong with wondering which number R160 we are up to? That really needs to stop. This is a transit forum, the topic is about R160s in the first place, and last time I checked, R160s are indeed transit cars. Come on, guys.

I uderstand that but everytime Im on this site all I hear is R160!!!!!, Sometimes I think some of these Railfans that Like R160's take it a little Overboard like its a woman that you are in love with, Damn its just a subway car with Computer Crap, everybody needs to calm down and let that the garbage cans be deliverd.

Okay we got your damn point about not liking the R160's the first million times. It's getting annoying as hell now.

Last time I checked, this was a forum and you have the choice to discussion anything related to the topic in question. Therefore if you want to become involved in a discussion you can, otherwise if it doesn't pertain to your tastes then you don't have to participate. There are many items on here that many don't care to be involved in, and they don't. Simple as that.

I uderstand that but everytime Im on this site all I hear is R160!!!!!, Sometimes I think some of these Railfans that Like R160's take it a little Overboard like its a woman that you are in love with, Damn its just a subway car with Computer Crap, everybody needs to calm down and let that the garbage cans be deliverd.
Now you wouldn't be running your mouth if we was talking about R32's all day. R160's is the new subway cars coming in and we have the right to ask about them. Who are you to tell us otherwise?

The point that R32 3838 is trying his hardest to point out is that the majority of the members here are too buzy foaming over something that would be around for 35+ years. The same thing happened when the 142/A's were entering service. People foamed over them like its the second coming of Jesus Christ. I for one is getting bored reading how some people bust a nut on something new. Just appreciate the R32's, R40M's, and R42's while there still around. If you don't appreciate them now, there will be no chance in hell you'll appreciate them after there gone.

Just quit foaming over 160's. You'll have 3-4 decades to ride them everyday. The same cannot be said for the remaining 60-foot SMEE's. Those trains are going fast. Appreciate them now, or else...

Where's a thank you button when you need one???

The point that R32 3838 is trying his hardest to point out is that the majority of the members here are too buzy foaming over something that would be around for 35+ years. The same thing happened when the 142/A's were entering service. People foamed over them like its the second coming of Jesus Christ. I for one is getting bored reading how some people bust a nut on something new. Just appreciate the R32's, R40M's, and R42's while there still around. If you don't appreciate them now, there will be no chance in hell you'll appreciate them after there gone.

Just quit foaming over 160's. You'll have 3-4 decades to ride them everyday. The same cannot be said for the remaining 60-foot SMEE's. Those trains are going fast. Appreciate them now, or else...

Totally agreed, although R32 3838 may have been a bit too 'harsh', I do agree about: "what's the big deal is about where the R160's will go to". They'll come when they come. The system will be all boring and uniformed when the older SMEE's are gone.

Also there should be a sticky where all R160 discusions goes to. Even over at 'other places' I still see R160 threads. Who cares? there's more to life than where/when the new arrivals are coming.

Archived