Train Service Supervisor List is out!!

Pelham Bay Dave

Some people don't mind being extra extra and some people actually like it because you get alot of overtime. Personally it was the worst years of my career by far, I hated every second of it.
Amen....Too many GAMES being played while yur on the list!:mad:

Some people don't mind being extra extra and some people actually like it because you get alot of overtime. Personally it was the worst years of my career by far, I hated every second of it.

Yeah i'll be one of those...for the first couple years throw me wherever. Then when I'm in the position to I'd be more than happy to pick my regular line *coughcoughcough*(1)or(7)*coughcoughcough*

To all my fellow T/O's the wait is over the results are out. You can call the Civil service hotline like I did if you didn't get it in the mail.

All I am going to say is I did very well way better then expected.

Yeah, me too. When I saw my list number my eyeballs nearly popped out of my sockets. Good thing they didn't, they're required to be appointed to TSS.

When I was extra extra they never changed my tour I was a.m.'s for the 4 years. I didn't like the guaranteed after 1100 start on sunday (my friday) and the 4-5 start on wed.(my monday). This along with being on board drove me crazy.

It just goes to show you that one man's poison is another's elixir. I absolutely loved my 16 months on the extra extra list. In fact, I went extra for the next pick in hoping that I'll get extra board jobs, because that's where you can hit the jackpot. $$$

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!Stay away from the DARKSIDE!!!!!!:( Who am I gonna complain to now?? Yur one of the GOOD guys Dave....Why O why???:o

You know good guys can be TSS's too!

DITTO!! I will never pick xtra again.. EVER!!

I don't think I'll see yur face drawn inside any of the cabs!lol

Funny story.. a new TO had an BIE incident, and said TSS responded..

When he introduced himself, TO said, 'I recognized you from the cab pictures!'

:cry: Y a cant make this stuff up!

He was cool with it, had TO go to the yard with him for the investigation, explaining alot of the various things to look for & they found out the tripping device had dropped on the bracket, so it was hanging low..

I think you need the 2 years in title just to qualify to take the test. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Two years in title at the application deadline I believe.. for the '04 TSS test, Classmates of mine registered, some sat for it, others got letters from DCAS prior to the test saying they were in-elegible due to time in title. The ones who took the test got a similar letter after they took the test.. I think they all lost the fee, we only had 18 months at the time..

I don't remember All I know is I met the requirments. Also I don't agree with the requirment it should be 5 years as a T/O which would have disquilifed me but its fair when you are in charge of a few titles which are Conductors, Train Operators and Tower Operators.

I don't agree. I think 2 years is sufficient. I think the requirement should be enhanced to at least one pick in A,B & C divisions. As a TSS you are supposed to be able to respond system wide, to any train. No such title as "A" or "B" div TSS, just TSS..

don't agree. I think 2 years is sufficient. I think the requirement should be enhanced to at least one pick in A,B & C divisions. As a TSS you are supposed to be able to respond system wide, to any train. No such title as "A" or "B" div TSS, just TSS..

However it takes 2 Years to pick a job You may get the C div requiment in but not the oppersite Div. I did everything but C div so far.

Just be careful when you get promoted because some of the guys you used to work with will definitely treat you differently. Now you have a job that is different than an operator,with different requirements. Some are unpleasant but you have to do them.

Yeah know what your saying but at the same time you should never forget where you came from and give people a chance to currect themself.

Archived