Is Miley Cyrus really getting too much critical acclaim?

LRG

I just had to post this up here because I got sucked into an argument on Facebook with my friends all because I had a dream that she died. Does anyone think that she's getting way too much credit than what she probably deserves?

Her career has taken a nosedive since last year, something over satin sheets being completely naked. Then it got worse when a picture surfaced with her bra showing from a party, and now it's getting really worse when she was doing rather "inappropriate" acts at the Nickelodeon's awards ceremony. I could understand the fact that she didn't buckle up for a scene where she was driving, but the rest is really making me wonder if she's living up to be the idol that she's supposed to be and if that will be her downfall....

Her career has taken a nosedive since last year, something over satin sheets being completely naked. Then it got worse when a picture surfaced with her bra showing from a party, and now it's getting really worse when she was doing rather "inappropriate" acts at the Nickelodeon's awards ceremony. I could understand the fact that she didn't buckle up for a scene where she was driving, but the rest is really making me wonder if she's living up to be the idol that she's supposed to be and if that will be her downfall....

Kind of wrong on the Miley carrer kind of failing. Her Hannah Montana movie was one of the highest grossing teen themed films of all time and her album was #1 for several weeks in spring.

I am not a Miley fan either but had to clarify something.

The thing is, with things like this (except for that photo shoot), the media is pretty much shouting "it's the end of the world!" Seriously.

I'm not a Miley fan at all, but I really hate all of this media attention. So she showed her bra off. So what? They think their teenage daughters don't do the same thing sometimes? No one is perfect.

Everyone's right about the media sticking their noses into every single situation, just like how that Michael Phelps and the bong issue surfaced. But sometimes, it's all in plain sight. I'll agree that the media doesn't give the celebrities the privacy they deserve but the law does allow them to get into their hair, to a certain extent. And the law gives celebrities the option to tell them to back off sometimes, even though that often fails.

Everyone's right about the media sticking their noses into every single situation, just like how that Michael Phelps and the bong issue surfaced. But sometimes, it's all in plain sight. I'll agree that the media doesn't give the celebrities the privacy they deserve but the law does allow them to get into their hair, to a certain extent. And the law gives celebrities the option to tell them to back off sometimes, even though that often fails.

Back in day celebrities from Charlie Chaplian to Babe Ruth, Louis Amstrong and others before the 1990's and start of 24/7 entertainment and gossip shows and networks had more privacy back then as well.:confused:

for a family friendly company no company turns out more attention starved whores than Disney

ill leave it at that

No offense to anyone but how intresting that Disney is buliding up Miley's to be this decade's Britney and look who is her father/manager is a has been Country/Pop star lol.:cool:

And when Miley becomes an adult in few years (not trying to be rude/mean but being honest)there a good chance she be a heavy drinker or drug user as well.

Miley Cyrus is a well marketed product. She's got really great production and marketing, probably hooked up by her father, but hey why not?

There's an old saying in showbiz, "There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary"

Which, if you look at iTunes sales following Mikey Jackson, even death ain't so bad for a career.

It's not the acclaim that's the problem. The media blows up every little thing she does wrong (and even stuff that are only rumors)... its sickening. Lay off.

EXACTLY. they always take things to the extreme. thats wat i hate. like the incident with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake? BIG DEAL.

Miley Cyrus is a talentless hack just like her father. They are like a black plague. Jamie Foxx was awesome for making fun of her and her weird voice and buck teeth. She is a pathetic role model for todays wayward youth.

lmfao jamie said that?? hahahaha:cry:

Miley Cyrus is a talentless hack just like her father. They are like a black plague. Jamie Foxx was awesome for making fun of her and her weird voice and buck teeth. She is a pathetic role model for todays wayward youth.

Try saying that Miley Cyrus comment at many middle/junior high schools in America and many of those kids will hate you for life lol.:P

You hate everything and everybody don't you. :P

*thanks*:tup:

from hater to hater, i salute you...

Archived