10 years later. The state of Q44/20 bus service in Queens

Shortline Bus

Get rid of that tight turn from Main to Roosevelt. That area is mobbed with pedestrians and the turning bus blocks traffic on Main St for an unfairly long time. (the green lights are staggered there).

I'm inclined to agree... the question is, where?

now they have southbound buses making that turn off Roosevelt, to main....

and northbound buses countinue on main to northern.... basically they swapped the directional service of the Q20a/b||44....

What I'd like to see for myself is, where the hell all those (northbound) Q44 riders are waiting for the bus along main... b/c on that block just north of roosevelt, you have the 1st stop(s) of the Q19 & the Qbx1, and a couple feet ahead (on the other corner, w/e street that is), you have the Q66... not to mention all the pedestrian traffic main street gets (in flushing).... I don't know... it's a pure mess...

------------------------

Would there be any downside to getting rid of Q20b runs & replacing them w/ 20a's (or just calling it the Q20).... There would be no loss of service... ppl. traveling b/w Flushing & Jamaica will take w/e 20 comes anyway (or the 44), and all you have to do is take a look @ how many ppl. are waiting for 20b's in Flushing... it's abysmal; next to nothing.... they both have the same terminal in college point.... unless it's something I'm missing.....

I'm inclined to agree... the question is, where?

now they have southbound buses making that turn off Roosevelt, to main....

and northbound buses countinue on main to northern.... basically they swapped the directional service of the Q20a/b||44....

What I'd like to see for myself is, where the hell all those (northbound) Q44 riders are waiting for the bus along main... b/c on that block just north of roosevelt, you have the 1st stop(s) of the Q19 & the Qbx1, and a couple feet ahead (on the other corner, w/e street that is), you have the Q66... not to mention all the pedestrian traffic main street gets (in flushing).... I don't know... it's a pure mess...

------------------------

Would there be any downside to getting rid of Q20b runs & replacing them w/ 20a's (or just calling it the Q20).... There would be no loss of service... ppl. traveling b/w Flushing & Jamaica will take w/e 20 comes anyway (or the 44), and all you have to do is take a look @ how many ppl. are waiting for 20b's in Flushing... it's abysmal; next to nothing.... they both have the same terminal in college point.... unless it's something I'm missing.....

the reason they stopped the q44 and q20 from going straight down main st northbound and creating the turn onto roosevelt because it gives the q44/20 a quicker and direct access to union st instead of going all the way to northern making a right and encountering all the traffic on northern and then making the left onto union its a quicker route to union st

the difference is the 20a goes down 20 ave and the 20b goes down 14th ave and they meet at 20 ave and college pt blvd

Oh, I understand the difference in routing...

I don't understand the relevance of the 20b.

When I said "unless I'm missing something", I was thinking more along the lines of something intangible as to why the 20b still exists....

there are lot of people who live down 14th ave and depend on the the q20b if u take away the q20b they would have to walk to parsons blvd and 14th ave to catch the q44 or q76 that stretch between parsons blvd and college pt blvd on 14th ave there is no other bus service but the q20b

Archived