Old pup(SW1500 switcher) NJT 502 Back in Service

kaback9

I was down in Pennsauken on Sunday and the good old pup NJT 502 has found a new home working on the RIVER Line as an MOW unit, I had known about this for sometime but finally found some time to get down there and photograph.

Anyway here are some shots:

Side view:

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1723200

Sitting with some LRV's note one has a broken window!

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1723201

Just another Shot:

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1723189

Enjoy!

Zotalou! She lives again! Disco stripes forevar! :cool:

Nice work (:P(K)!

I am curious as to how they moved it there. I'm thinking a big work unit towed it down there overnight from the MMC on the NEC and right across the delaware rail lift bridge & into the yard.

- A

Thanks Andy!

It came down via Allentown and NS 38G. To get to Allentown it left the MMC and was dropped off in Oak Island, went out on 19G and ended up in Conway Yard out near Pitt. Came back on 18G and went back out on 19G finally getting to Allentown where it made it to 38G and down to Camden. This is still better than CSX who probably would have sent the unit to the Midwest:p.

Thanks.

If you note in the caption of the photo I say looks like someone threw something at it. My guess is it was one of these idiots kids, the same ones who do it near Frankford Jct as well. Always hearing the Amtrak and NJT people complaining about it.

Wow, and to think, those 2 may have seen each other before! :eek:

Epic! :eek: :tup:

It would make sense to have that hooked up actually, because the cab of those switchers are are too small to hold a work crew...

But wow, an authentic surviving cabin car... It was in service from PRR to PC through CR and now it is in Camden... It was originally mainly used on philadelphia originating trains.

- A

Sweet, a caboose painted in PRR scheme!

It's a PRR cabin car, an authentic class n5c, in what looks to be restored but accurate livery. The layout is unmistakably PRR. 2 portholes on either side of the low streamlined copula, with ladders on either side of the deck. Also notice the curved grab irons, this was to hop on when the train was moving to get that first foot up on the bottom step.

- A

Yes its on lease to NJT as was the JT SW1500 until transit realized wait we have one of these things rusting away up here, lets get it back into running order and send it down there. NJT hacks however are hard to come by with one being in LSP,Whippany and the other one still technically in service up in NY forget which yard and line.

Archived