M60, Q48, and Q47 skipping Marine Air Terminal

Q33toLaGuardia

Ok, I work at the Marine Air Terminal (MAT) at LaGuardia Airport and there's been a problem that alot of us bus riders that work and fly out of there have to deal with there. The M60, Q47 and Q48 buses are the only buses that stop there but some bus drivers feel that nobody gets on or off at that stop. So instead of going up to the MAT, some turn and leave the airport out the 82nd Street exit!!! There's been times at night when people are waiting for over an hour there, especially when the Q47 stops running at 1230am and the Q48 runs every hour and the only bus that runs consistent is the M60 at night. There's also been times I'm on the Q47 and watch M60 and Q48 buses leave right out the airport without going to the MAT!!!!

Are bus drivers really allowed to do that and skip the Marine Air Terminal and if not, is there a way to report that? Please let me know. Thanks!!!

No, they're not supposed/allowed to do that... and that is a cause for concern...

I've been on an M60 where the driver asked if anyone's getting off @ Marine Air terminal... no one said anything (there were about 15 ppl. on the bus)... so the driver then proceeded to leave the airport.... The whole time I'm thinking, what about ppl. that maybe waiting for the M60....

You have a case... I would definitely report that....

No, they're not supposed/allowed to do that... and that is a cause for concern...

I've been on an M60 where the driver asked if anyone's getting off @ Marine Air terminal... no one said anything (there were about 15 ppl. on the bus)... so the driver then proceeded to leave the airport.... The whole time I'm thinking, what about ppl. that maybe waiting for the M60....

You have a case... I would definitely report that....

Agreed. On separte topic but related during rush hours only and sunday nights before/after a hoilday, a few Harlem-bound M60's imo should skip the Marine Air Terminal when frequency is high.

Also this other idea may seem off the wall but what about a Q33 express that operates via GCP/BQE rush hours only via Marine Air Terminal in both directions? Q47 for now until changes are made remains the same.

The BQE around LGA is not that bad w/ traffic, its usually *south of Roosevelt Av, towards Brooklyn it can become a parking lot.

What you guys think?:eek:

When I took M60 after day coming back from Ohio, going to Museum through my friend, when M60 was approaching Avis Rentral, B/O asked "Is anyone going to Marine Air Terminal?" When nobody replied, M60 exit, and at that moment, other man came up to front, and he got off.

Sometimes, M60 goes opposite way via Marine Air.

Not only that, when I was taking Q72 bus to catch M60 in LGA, Dispatcher made very late Q72 bus to go into airport, and other bus to turn around. Because that very late bus enter, dispatcher with B/O driving first time ask us which terminal. We were only going to US Airways and Central, so that B/O skipped Delta Airline because or low-ridershp in LGA.

Not only that, when I was taking Q72 bus to catch M60 in LGA, Dispatcher made very late Q72 bus to go into airport, and other bus to turn around. Because that very late bus enter, dispatcher with B/O driving first time ask us which terminal. We were only going to US Airways and Central, so that B/O skipped Delta Airline because or low-ridershp in LGA.

I understand in the daytime, ive seen the Q72 empty but at night its PACKED!!!! If i have to finish my shift at CTB i take the Q72 (if i can catch it lol runs every 20 mins at night) to the Q58 to the B52 to avoid taking the train. Much quicker than what I first expected.

But yea, have mercy on the Q72 if they ever did that at night lol

Little off-topic, when I was on X25 third time after 9-11 change pattern on Vesey St, driver skipped Chamber St stop via Warren St because only one person there.

Also lots of 5th Av local buses are not paying attention to well. When some people try to stop it, but bus passes.

Ok, I work at the Marine Air Terminal (MAT) at LaGuardia Airport and there's been a problem that alot of us bus riders that work and fly out of there have to deal with there. The M60, Q47 and Q48 buses are the only buses that stop there but some bus drivers feel that nobody gets on or off at that stop. So instead of going up to the MAT, some turn and leave the airport out the 82nd Street exit!!! There's been times at night when people are waiting for over an hour there, especially when the Q47 stops running at 1230am and the Q48 runs every hour and the only bus that runs consistent is the M60 at night. There's also been times I'm on the Q47 and watch M60 and Q48 buses leave right out the airport without going to the MAT!!!!

Are bus drivers really allowed to do that and skip the Marine Air Terminal and if not, is there a way to report that? Please let me know. Thanks!!!

I would report that, call (718) 330-3222. The drivers are paid to do a route and they should do the whole thing. I would also write a letter to the Voice of the People section of the Daily News explaining your displeasure. I'm sure that letter will catch management's eye.

I would report that, call (718) 330-3222. The drivers are paid to do a route and they should do the whole thing. I would also write a letter to the Voice of the People section of the Daily News explaining your displeasure. I'm sure that letter will catch management's eye.

Don't you mean (718) 330-3322?

Agreed. On separte topic but related during rush hours only and sunday nights before/after a hoilday, a few Harlem-bound M60's imo should skip the Marine Air Terminal when frequency is high.

Also this other idea may seem off the wall but what about a Q33 express that operates via GCP/BQE rush hours only via Marine Air Terminal in both directions? Q47 for now until changes are made remains the same.

The BQE around LGA is not that bad w/ traffic, its usually *south of Roosevelt Av, towards Brooklyn it can become a parking lot.

What you guys think?:eek:

I don't know if it's needed but if you're going to do this then why don't you make this limited Q33 a limited Q47 instead? The Q33 travels via 83rd St. and the BQE is west of 70th St. Meanwhile, the Q47 travels on 74th St. This 'limited' Q47 could continue on to the airport but I doubt it's needed anyway so it may be a moot point.

Little off-topic, when I was on X25 third time after 9-11 change pattern on Vesey St, driver skipped Chamber St stop via Warren St because only one person there.

Also lots of 5th Av local buses are not paying attention to well. When some people try to stop it, but bus passes.

If it's offtopic then it's generally a good idea not to post it.

I don't know if it's needed but if you're going to do this then why don't you make this limited Q33 a limited Q47 instead? The Q33 travels via 83rd St. and the BQE is west of 70th St. Meanwhile, the Q47 travels on 74th St. This 'limited' Q47 could continue on to the airport but I doubt it's needed anyway so it may be a moot point.

Nah no need for a limited cuz its only 15-20 mins to LGA MAT on the Q47 and about 20-30 to LGA on the Q33 from Jackson Hts. I do agree on the Q47 going to the rest of the airport though.

So I called the place and I was waiting on the line for about 10 mins. Then I get a woman on the phone and she was real rude on the phone when I told her that I wanted to make a complaint. So after telling her straight, she transferred me to the bus operations. After waiting about 5 mins, someone picks up the phone and then hangs up on me!! I was so mad at that!! Then, after that, I went through the whole process again and another woman that was real nice (a rarity when dealing with people that work for the city) and gave me the number to bus operations. I called, got another nice woman, and told her the complaint. She told me that she'll send the complaint to road operations and call me with a follow up.

Why do I get the feeling that I wont get a callback though? lol

So I called the place and I was waiting on the line for about 10 mins. Then I get a woman on the phone and she was real rude on the phone when I told her that I wanted to make a complaint. So after telling her straight, she transferred me to the bus operations. After waiting about 5 mins, someone picks up the phone and then hangs up on me!! I was so mad at that!! Then, after that, I went through the whole process again and another woman that was real nice (a rarity when dealing with people that work for the city) and gave me the number to bus operations. I called, got another nice woman, and told her the complaint. She told me that she'll send the complaint to road operations and call me with a follow up.

Why do I get the feeling that I wont get a callback though? lol

I get the feeling that was the same person you talked to - only w/ a disguised voice....

Does the Port Authority still run a free inter-terminal shuttle around LGA anymore? I know its not an excuse, but maybe those at MAT could use it to get to CTB for more reliable service?

Yes...IMO I think the Q 33 is the worst bus route that go to LGA airport....the bus is constantly late and the buses sometimes stay pack.

Yes...IMO I think the Q 33 is the worst bus route that go to LGA airport....the bus is constantly late and the buses sometimes stay pack.

Even thought I like Q33 and Q72, but they're evening schedule should be every 10 minutes. To me, Q47 should be worst, because headways are 45 minutes during certain time.

Archived