Form 2008-present time, do you think the subway has gotten safer?

HQBreaker

Pretty much do you feel its better then it was 3-4 years ago and which lines do you feel is safe, which are the most dangerous? How about most dangerous stations/safest stations?

Base on what I've seen so far I feel (A) and (C) seems to be bad. Sometimes even the (B) is bad as well. As for stations, 135 St Nicoles ( (A)/(:P ) and pass that seems to be bad.

Well, if the COPS just mind more important situations that are on the platform rather than us taking pics, then I guess it could be somewhat safer... But then again, the bad routes are the (A), (C), and (L).
Bad routes? I've been riding those lines for 5+ years every day to work and nothing has happened to me and anyone else riding those trains.

Well, if the COPS just mind more important situations that are on the platform rather than us taking pics, then I guess it could be somewhat safer... But then again, the bad routes are the (A), (C), and (L). The (B) got better.

the (A)(C) bad routes? you're jokin...unless ur talking about Mott Avenue and then maybe I could actually agree.

the (L) has had the most improvement in the last 15 yrs as well so thats a joke also.

I grew up for the most part riding the Fulton stretch and I can say that it's presently a shadow of its former self. I remember those 90s days when peddlers used to roll their wagons through the R38s and sell their gum/toys. On rare cases, they even begged for money and it was advised that you give at least a quarter if there is a certain number of people on the train. Other than that, the A (still but not as often) and D were both bum havens. Drunks will come on at night with their whisky and ramble until they are knocked out cold. I remember going home with my mom one rainy night in 96 and the rest of the people in the R38 train car were gangsters. My mom clutched me extremely tightly as was in complete shock when she had to sit/touch a gangster. They got off at Nostand Av., but soon 3 homelessmen hopped on for the night.

I grew up for the most part riding the Fulton stretch and I can say that it's presently a shadow of its former self. I remember those 90s days when peddlers used to roll their wagons through the R38s and sell their gum/toys. On rare cases, they even begged for money and it was advised that you give at least a quarter if there is a certain number of people on the train. Other than that, the A (still but not as often) and D were both bum havens. Drunks will come on at night with their whisky and ramble until they are knocked out cold. I remember going home with my mom one rainy night in 96 and the rest of the people in the R38 train car were gangsters. My mom clutched me extremely tightly as was in complete shock when she had to sit/touch a gangster. They got off at Nostand Av., but soon 3 homelessmen hopped on for the night.

this very scenario was why my grandmother took cabs everywhere when we had to go someplace.

oh I'm thinking of a cabbie named Pablo who was very good to her in terms of rates...and they even went one date.

Connections are always good. That's why one of John Gotti's thugs offered my dad a ride home from 88 st many nights b/c we were neighbors, which he of course said no!

Connections are always good. That's why one of John Gotti's thugs offered my dad a ride home from 88 st many nights b/c we were neighbors, which he of course said no!

Wow I wish a mafia guy wanted to hook me up with rides in those expensive looking Lincoln cars. :confused:

I guess if I was gonna feel unsafe on a train anywhere in the system it'd be...like the (J) but even the (J) aint so bad anymore...in fact none of the trains have an unsafe feel in my opinion these days. I feel like improvements wise the (L) has come along the best.

One of my grandmothers lived along the Jamaica EL at Forest Park and it is and was much more welcoming that the A. I used to ride the A to Broadway Jct and transfer to the J for visits, but of course before 5 pm. Broadway Jct was in the same category for danger as West 4th and Hoyt-Schermerhorn. My problems with the J however, include that it's incredibly slow, uses the leg-staking (I used to ride like that to stare out the windows of 60ft SMEEs) R40Ms and R42s, and that it's vulnerable to delays (bad skip/stop service).

One of my grandmothers lived along the Jamaica EL at Forest Park and it is and was much more welcoming that the A. I used to ride the A to Broadway Jct and transfer to the J for visits, but of course before 5 pm. Broadway Jct was in the same category for danger as West 4th and Hoyt-Schermerhorn. My problems with the J however, include that it's incredibly slow, uses the leg-staking (I used to ride like that to stare out the windows of 60ft SMEEs) R40Ms and R42s, and that it's vulnerable to delays (bad skip/stop service).

yah i did notice that much...the delays and slowness. know what...nobody has yet to say the (G) and i wonder why.

All the lines are safe, if you use common sense. Saddly in this day and age, common sense is not so common. I use the system at all hours of the day including from 2 to 5 AM and I have never had a problem. I personally feel that the system is very safe, but I think it is fair to point out that I am 6'3" at about 230 lbs.

No. I'm referring to those that think X line is scary/dangerous.

All of you guys are girlie men.:tdown: The subway today is a cakewalk compared to the 70s & 80s. Just pay attention to your surroundings, don't look like you don't know where you're going and you should all be ok.

All of you guys are girlie men.:tdown: The subway today is a cakewalk compared to the 70s & 80s. Just pay attention to your surroundings, don't look like you don't know where you're going and you should all be ok.

Surely you don't mean me.

yah i did notice that much...the delays and slowness. know what...nobody has yet to say the (G) and i wonder why.
Probably b/c almost nobody rides it.

I guess he didn't make your dad an offer he couldn't refuse

We are Asian, so the most we can make is another Jimmy Burke. But even so, that's very hard.

If there was an opposite of a thanks button, that post would earn it...

Edit: you're NOT referring to me, OK...

I personally feel that the system is very safe, but I think it is fair to point out that I am 6'3" at about 230 lbs.

>.> that is just so unfair...wish i was a giant...

show me the post that has me saying I'm afraid to ride on _ train because I feel its unsafe sir. but i will agree with the last part. because it is common sense. All the people who get attacked these days have made themselves a target in some way shape or form.

Archived