Form 2008-present time, do you think the subway has gotten safer?

HQBreaker

this might just be a myth - but i've always been told that the (3) train in brooklyn and the (L) past B'Way junction is not safe territory. this guy i used to work with claimed he got jumped at New Lots on the (3) a few years ago.

lol I ride the (L) from Canarsie and Broadway Junction all the time when I head to and from work. On occasion I take the (3) to Junius Street and walk over to the Livonia Avenue Station on the (L) and nothing has happened to me in the 5 years I've been working out of Canarsie.

lol I ride the (L) from Canarsie and Broadway Junction all the time when I head to and from work. On occasion I take the (3) to Junius Street and walk over to the Livonia Avenue Station on the (L) and nothing has happened to me in the 5 years I've been working out of Canarsie.

that's good to hear, for real. plenty of people, especially out here on LI call all sorts of areas super-dangerous, and probably haven't been within miles of them in years.

the (L) heading west from the junction has always seemed 100% okay to me - the stops are just desolate at night sometimes - especially like halsey st.

From experience taking the train I feel that riding the train during late night is the safest time to ride the train. Many stations have cops and track workers during the night for late night General Orders. I rode the train in the bronx late at night many times last year either coming from class and parties. I mainly rode the (4) train and had no problems. One time I was on the train by myself with my friend when I got on the train around 2am. I even took a ride on the (L) train and the (A) train during late night and nothing happen. I rode the whole route on both trains. Compared mid afternoons when kids get let out of school, different story, I seen fights at Jay Street that the transit police was called, school kids being on the tracks at Bedford Park Blvd, school making noise on the (C) train. One time a group of girls had a shake and made a spill and it hit the guy and his suit was ruin. The only thing got me worried going home late at night was being attacked by raccoons around the Bedford Park Blvd (4) train station.

Archived