Reroute of the Day: (F) via Crosstown Local (with stuff from E. Pkwy-Museum)

R62A 1991

Accidental again, I promise. I wanted to take the (L) to the (G) to the (V) to get to 59th St today. Well, when I got on the (G) platform, this roared (and I mean freakin' roared) in:

100_1777.jpg

This was one of the first trains, so the program wasn't set YET. The C/R made the announcements.

100_1775.jpg

I knew what that meant. That meant stay here for a while.

100_1780.jpg

100_1784.jpg

100_1787.jpg

100_1779.jpg

Because eventually, I'd see another one:

100_1786.jpg

And another one:

100_1781.jpg

And another one, hell yes!

100_1790.jpg

100_1794.jpg

I went through the entire train. Every F.I.N.D. and interior sign was correctly displaying the stops via Crosstown.

I said goodbye at Bergen St:

100_1796.jpg

100_1798.jpg

The riders never looked so happy to have 600-feet cars in BOTH directions. Let's continue with today's findings:

100_1800.jpg

Cool sign at Lexington Av-59th St. Now, to complete my trio of the Eastern Pkwy Local stations, here's some of the Museum station, the absolute best kept local station on this line, and you can guess why.

100_1803.jpg

100_1807.jpg

100_1806.jpg

100_1811.jpg

And, there you have it. It pays to have a camera on you, because you never know when you're going to divert from your plans to stay at a station for an hour catching rarities! Not taking the (3) train gave me a great day. Hope you enjoyed!

that's madd weird seeing the (F) on the (G) line! good pics though

<6>

You can imagine my surprise hearing that roaring in while I'm walking from the (L) platform. Thanks.

Excellent stuff! As always, thanks for sharing your adventures with us. You always seem to be in the right place at the right time. :tup:

Thanks! It just so happened that way today.

nice photos

Thanks.

Nice!

It's the best teaser we could have until an R160 (G) someday comes along...

Thanks. I agree. It is.

Excellent pics and vids!

Thanks!

Great Pics!

Thanks!

And to everyone, thank you! Because of you guys (and some over at subchat), the video of the exterior of the R160 at Metropolitan has taken the lead as my most viewed video in one day (forget a day, in 3 hours, it had 250 views, a great achievement for me)! Previously that was held by my video of the first revenue train that arrived into the new South Ferry Station in March, with 210 views in one day. Thanks again, guys!

Archived