MTA says 'Beat It' to plaque, name change of Brooklyn subway stop

Harry

Good, just because something of cultural signficance was filmed at a stop doesn't mean that it needs to be named after the person. Shouldn't politicians have something better to do with their time than this nonsense anyway? It almost makes me wish for a communist dictatorship, almost.

Seeing how a bubbleheaded politician brought this to light let's see what else you can rename in the subway system.

Bergen Street will now be called Jacob's Ladder Plaza

42nd Street PABT will now be called Patrick Swayze Memorial Station in honor of the movie Ghost being filmed there

The Lexington Avenue Line will the renamed the Pelham 123 line

Dont forget renaming the West End Line the French Connection Line! ;)

I would love to see Hoyt be renamed Michael J. Jackson Subway Station (A)(C)(G).

I would like to go out on a date with Hiedi Klum and have a night filled with "adult situations" with her, but I am sure that will never happen. Much like this half baked idea.

Dumb MTA and their rules.

Oh yes that dumb MTA, the one that runs all the trains and buses, the one that make ensures the commute of millions of people. Yes they are dumb for not re-naming a station for a dead celebrity.

He's obviously not a fan. He was probably against Michael during the trials too! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

GRRRRR! You have the angry face! GRRRRR! So which one of the people were you out in LA for the trial, the one who released the doves after each Not Guilty verdict or one of those fruits moonwalking on top of vans.

Yes, when logic and reasoning don't work for you, like having a station re-named for dead celebrities being against the MTA's policy, then good old fashioned non-existatant bias works for you.

I would like to go out on a date with Hiedi Klum and have a night filled with "adult situations" with her, but I am sure that will never happen. Much like this half baked idea.

Oh yes that dumb MTA, the one that runs all the trains and buses, the one that make ensures the commute of millions of people. Yes they are dumb for not re-naming a station for a dead celebrity.

GRRRRR! You have the angry face! GRRRRR! So which one of the people were you out in LA for the trial, the one who released the doves after each Not Guilty verdict or one of those fruits moonwalking on top of vans.

Yes, when logic and reasoning don't work for you, like having a station re-named for dead celebrities being against the MTA's policy, then good old fashioned non-existatant bias works for you.

ROFLLMFAO!!!! ;)

This is good stuff B)

I think it's sad your trying to tango with a 16-year-old. Everybody is titled to their option but you sir are getting on my last f***ing nerve. It's people like you why this forum is so f***ed up. I'm at my boiling point. The MTA can name a bus depot after an actor who probably couldn't drive a f***ing bus in real life but they won't name a station after a man who made a world famous music video there. And I'm surprise you can call someone a fruit on here but I suggest something, oh let's bash Nick! Let's bash his wishful thinking. I'm not a f***ing foamer, I'm transit enthosiust. I love subways, I love buses. I was a fan of MJ also. Ok they wont renamed the station after him ok. I was wrong for suggesting it! There you happy. I admit I was wrong. Now go and pick on the other teenagers and bash their wishful thinking. Just go! I'm sure they're be happy to be bashed.

I don't care anymore. I don't.

You need to take a chill pill and step away from the keyboard. Like you said, everyone is entitled to their opinions but you don't see Aqueduct cursing in his rebuttal in regards to your post. Want to be treated like an Adult? Well then act like one and don't resort to cursing, instead think of a well typed response. Also I don't see where he called you a foamer.

I think it's sad your trying to tango with a 16-year-old. Everybody is titled to their option but you sir are getting on my last f***ing nerve. It's people like you why this forum is so f***ed up. I'm at my boiling point. The MTA can name a bus depot after an actor who probably couldn't drive a f***ing bus in real life but they won't name a station after a man who made a world famous music video there. And I'm surprise you can call someone a fruit on here but I suggest something, oh let's bash Nick! Let's bash his wishful thinking. I'm not a f***ing foamer, I'm transit enthosiust. I love subways, I love buses. I was a fan of MJ also. Ok they wont renamed the station after him ok. I was wrong for suggesting it! There you happy. I admit I was wrong. Now go and pick on the other teenagers and bash their wishful thinking. Just go! I'm sure they're be happy to be bashed.

I don't care anymore. I don't.

Chill out dude. And remember it takes two to tango so if you don't get into it, the issue dies. You're entitled to your opinion, but it makes little sense for politicians to be backing these silly ideas to honor celebrities (who are already too worshipped by this culture anyway...I mean to I really care when Lindsay Lohan takes a shit? NO!) It's not a slap in the face to Jackson or his memory, it's just a "this has nothing to do with anything" kind of thing. He'll still be remembered for his music and it will be played often and the 80's kids/teens will keep it going but naming a subway station? I'm sorry thats where I draw the line

Sounds good... lets waste more money printing new maps , signs and what ever else it costs to rename the station after a suspected pedophile. Sorry but his music wasn't that good anyway.

OH NOES! The fan(s) will swarm and savage anyone who denounces him.

Maybe they can rename a station after Fatty Arbuckle, he was a suspected sexual deviant too.

Bloomberg and Giuliani might've cleaned up the city, but they treat minorities in the absolute worst ways. Bloomberg really needs to go if he is against putting up a memorial for such a massive icon.

Oh, for god sakes, I'm a minority and I find this idea stupid. This has nothing to do with racism.

I don't really get the point of renaming a station in Memorial of a pop-star, just because he is famous and he died and inspired people. It is just too useless and confusing to citizens and tourists. Unless, if there is a museam dedicated to Mike. Jackson at Hoyt-Schemerhorn or any other station. I am also not thrilled of this decision, I would rather rename a street in Harlem or Jamaica 'Michael Jackson Memorial Way', never a public transit station!

Wang, MJ had fans in more than just Harlem and Jamaica Queens so why not name it Micheal Jackson Way in Greenwich Village Bay Ridge or Bayside? The late Mr Jackson had millions of fans around the world in every city town and groups of people.

I agree that a subway station should not be named for a pop star but in rare cases only maybe for a major historical figure like Abe Lincoln, Martin Luther King or FDR.

Archived