Bolts from above: Elevated subway tracks dropping parts in Jamaica

Harry

I'm not sure about you two, but I saw moles on the supports.

Either way the El is pulling and twisting beyond spec and will need rehab. The MTA is all about waiting for things to break before they fix them. How long do you think that slab of concrete that was a cover story on the forums, was damaged in Brooklyn before it fell out and left a gaping hole in the platform? They love wasting money by putting band-aids on things that need major work.

Either way the El is pulling and twisting beyond spec and will need rehab. The MTA is all about waiting for things to break before they fix them. How long do you think that slab of concrete that was a cover story on the forums, was damaged in Brooklyn before it fell out and left a gaping hole in the platform? They love wasting money by putting band-aids on things that need major work.

Look at 1946 in the history of every rail transportation system. It's when the decline started, it's only when sustained increased funding happens that the decline will reverse, and who knows maybe some day it could financially support itself again. You think this one elevated trestle is in this state of repair? Most of our critical infrastructure is teetering on collapse. Pulaski skyway, parts of the elevated interstate system, rail and road bridges over water, elevated stations, airport terminals, roads, utility polls.... It's mostly old or inadequate & some is unsafe. The skyway banned trucks because it is so fragile.

What is wrong with people, where's the solidarity to stand up & do the right thing vs waiting for someone else to take care of it? :mad:

The rest of the world is laughing at our "high speed" rail service, and our highways. We have the worst highway & road system that i can think of, and our rail tracks are barely out of the 30's, some interlockings have not been realigned for 80 years and our inter-city ROW are squiggly when they could and should be straight.

To be honest i'm tired of it very much so. :mad:

- A

• 2 weeks later...

Okay after riding the (J) for 2 days straight I've noticed somethings. My stop is Norwood Ave, and going home iz Jamaica Center.

Anyway while on Norwood Ave and the R160's-

1. On the train there is a jerking back and forward ( the El is moving under the stress and swaying back and forward.

2. Slow on curves

3. While @ Norwood Ave waiting for the 3:50 to Jamaica Center,

trains going Westbound ( Broad St. Manhattan ) left and the whole EL was constantly swaying forward and backwards VERY violently. If u ride this line you should feel it after a few mins.

---------------------------------------

| | | |THE JAMAICA EL | | | (J)(M)(Z) | | |

|| ........................................... ||

/ \ .......................................... / \

| |...........................................| |

(MTA), Save Me.

| | | |THE JAMAICA EL | | | (J)(M)(Z) | | |

/ \ .......................................... / \

(MTA), Save Me.

LOL.

the swaying is getting worse. If ur on a platform and a train a station away stops, they El is swaying violently in that direction.

What will happen

----------------\

| | | |THE JAMA \

--------------\ ----------------

|| .................\ICA EL (J)(M)(Z)

/ \ .................------------------ / \

(MTA) , You Did Nothing!!!!

I worked on the (J) Line for three picks now and i can "see" some of the work they did with those falling botls on the roadbed so it looks like they did look into this as far as the rest of the pictures i seen on this thread just curious where was they taken?

Been a while since i posted here glad to see the site is looking just fine great job Harry!:P

I worked on the (J) Line for three picks now and i can "see" some of the work they did with those falling botls on the roadbed so it looks like they did look into this as far as the rest of the pictures i seen on this thread just curious where was they taken?

Been a while since i posted here glad to see the site is looking just fine great job Harry!B)

I took the pics from 111 street to 121 street in queens, but the same is all over the whole line atleast from Woodhaven BLVD to 121 street, I havnt beet down to 85th street or Elderts lane in a while.

I took the pics from 111 street to 121 street in queens, but the same is all over the whole line atleast from Woodhaven BLVD to 121 street, I havnt beet down to 85th street or Elderts lane in a while.

Surprisingly most of the supports are still secured In concrete around that area....

Archived