A message from the union: Get Ready To Rock 'N Roll

CPBO

GET READY TO ROCK ’N’ ROLL

THAT WE ARE FORCED INTO COURT OVER THE PERB arbitration award is outrageous, almost unthinkable. It is a sickening statement about a broken system of “justice.”

We transit workers were vilified, fined, jailed, lost our check off on the grounds that we failed to obey the law when we struck in December 2005. The cry then was “comply with the law or be punished.”

We took the blows dealt us. Now, this time around we did exactly what the law said to do. We went to Arbitration.

And because it did not turn out their way, the rules are being changed. Now Arbitration is being called a curse by the very ones that vilified and fined us to the tune of millions of dollars in the past. It seems that arbitration is “binding” – but only when it goes against us, and not “binding” if it doesn’t go their way.

If ever there was a statement of hypocrisy, double standards and injustice – this is it. Every single worker in New York City subject to the Taylor law should pay heed.

We call on every single Transit worker to get ready, commit to fight back BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. Let’s get ready to rock ’n’ roll the way we know how to. Let us rise!

R U A ROCK N ROLLER?.........in this ' year of change ' that is what NYC needs....a change from an arrogant "your a disgrace" mayor 2 someone who has compassione for working class people.....come on this guy hates the MTA.....have u seen his ads he is running for his re-election?.....free cross town buses....."we need a change at the MTA".....Bloomberg....change your underwear pal........cause u stink!!!.......anyone that votes for Mike change the Law Bloomberg.....is out of his mind.....and should ask Bloomy to share some of his billions he has....see how fast after u vote for him u will be out of his inner circle.......he was ok with the cops and fireman getting a raise....but us MTA workers who gernerate revenue and are in harms way everyday.....r not worth it?? How many of us get spit on, yelled at....and we cannot forget Edwin Thomas who payed the ultimate......r not worth an 11% raise?? I think the Mike if I don't get my way Bloomberg should go after Hilliary for her debockle with the letting of the foreign countries not pay thier taxes..... this move will cost New York City $260 million -- including a $32 million check from Hungary that had yet to clear when the policy change came down. Once it did, Hungary canceled the check.

Mayor Mike Bloomberg.....wrong for NY or anybody that is working class!!!

R U A ROCK N ROLLER?.........in this ' year of change ' that is what NYC needs....a change from an arrogant "your a disgrace" mayor 2 someone who has compassione for working class people.....come on this guy hates the MTA.....have u seen his ads he is running for his re-election?.....free cross town buses....."we need a change at the MTA".....Bloomberg....change your underwear pal........cause u stink!!!.......anyone that votes for Mike change the Law Bloomberg.....is out of his mind.....and should ask Bloomy to share some of his billions he has....see how fast after u vote for him u will be out of his inner circle.......he was ok with the cops and fireman getting a raise....but us MTA workers who gernerate revenue and are in harms way everyday.....r not worth it?? How many of us get spit on, yelled at....and we cannot forget Edwin Thomas who payed the ultimate......r not worth an 11% raise?? I think the Mike if I don't get my way Bloomberg should go after Hilliary for her debockle with the letting of the foreign countries not pay thier taxes..... this move will cost New York City $260 million -- including a $32 million check from Hungary that had yet to clear when the policy change came down. Once it did, Hungary canceled the check.

Mayor Mike Bloomberg.....wrong for NY or anybody that is working class!!!

as a dc37 local 371 member i am with u all the way well said if u vote for this idiot who does not have the working man interest at heart u r 100 percent right bloomberg is anti union replacing civil service workers with provisionals and consultants amen brother

I've said this all along and no one listens. Bloomturd is a f***ing hypocritical bastard who has done VERY LITTLE for the city and now he is pulling out all the stops to get re-elected. the blind New York yuppies that don't follow what he's been doing (or rather what he hasn't been doing) just vote for him because they don't know any better and he's rich and they want to be rich someday.

THIS IS WHY MONEY SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF POLITICS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE (though that isn't much)

Bloomberg is very good at SAYing the right thing but he is Horrendous at DOing the right thing. Vote this f***stick out of office this fall. Short of an Islamic fundamentalist or Sarah Palin, I'd vote for almost anyone else.

Edit: why do you think he's picking on the MTA? Because it's a big easy target that people love to whine and b**** about. Wake up people...he's complaining for POLITICAL reasons (re election...for life mwahahaha), not because he actually wants to see the MTA become better, more efficient, or wants you to have a better commute

So what exactly is going on? this is coming from someone who just rides the train and doesnt really know what goes on behind the scenes.

Whats going on is what I predicted. Even though people told me it couldt be done due to it already being in arbitration...The MTA is fighting tooth n nail to not give their vital workers important pay rises to compensate for the inflation of goods and cost of living.

Whats going on is what I predicted. Even though people told me it couldt be done due to it already being in arbitration...The MTA is fighting tooth n nail to not give their vital workers important pay rises to compensate for the inflation of goods and cost of living.

Is what you guys, the MTA employees; make comperable to other railroad companies or other private construction companies? What I do wonder a lot about the (NYCT) is where exactly does all the money go, they raise fares, they beg albany for more money, and yet it alwyas looks like its falling apart, perhaps they spent too much on R160s and retired the older stuff too early, perhaps its the bureauocracy that makes up the agency.

The way I see it is, somethings gotta give, they promised you guys (the MTA employees) raises, but yet they also need money to buy R160s and get the (T) finished and generally keep the system in a state of not falling apart.

This is very petty of management. They got beat in arbitration, they should lick their wounds and wait for the next contract negotiations, they will probably get a few things in their favor on the next go 'round.

Everybody is hurting right now. My local union is probably going to have a few givebacks in their next contract in order to keep securing work.

Just think back to when Bloomie was saying that MTA takeover of the private lines would save the city the 140 million it cost in subsidies. What's the first thing they did? Bought 350 $500000 buses. Now they're bloated? Rich people don't care about the working class. Upper management is 25% of the MTA but makes 30% of the salaries. And now we are the problem?

Just think back to when Bloomie was saying that MTA takeover of the private lines would save the city the 140 million it cost in subsidies. What's the first thing they did? Bought 350 $500000 buses. Now they're bloated? Rich people don't care about the working class. Upper management is 25% of the MTA but makes 30% of the salaries. And now we are the problem?

True not just of transit but of all business. When there is nothing but management and no employees to do the real work this whole country will realize what a huge mistake it's made...just like Arrested Development "I've made a huge mistake" but by then it will be too late.

I just hope I'm not around when that day comes.

Archived